News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Ouch!

Started by Bulldog Bri, 21, March, 2011, 08:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog Bri

I'm now out of action for a few weeks!  Walking my dog on Wednesday evening with a friend of mine and his dog, quite happily minding my own when his dog (large, weighing around 7st) runs into the side of my knee, I went down like a sack of s..t. Turns out I've now got a torn ligament and my leg is in a splint, so no driving for a while!  >:( shame it was a beautiful weekend.

So instead I decided to make a start on cleaning up all the cracks and crazies in the gel coat on the Bulldog. they've all been there since I bought the car 2 years ago, and seeing that it's now over 25 years old I think it's in pretty good nick. There was some slight damage to the rear offside quarter of the car that had also been poorly repaired in the past, someone had just skimmed over with filler and sprayed but the cracks were starting to show through now. Mainly though there were just a few stress cracks and one caused by a stone hitting the underside of the wing.

First job is to grind out along all the cracks I could find, then to fill properly, this is now my chance to do any other small repairs caused by holes drilled in wrong places or no longer needed. Then I'll need to lightly sand the whole car ready for painting.

Half way through removing the cracks out of the damaged area.

who knows might even find some time to work on the other cars as well now.  :P

8)

WALNUT

Hard luck Bri, same thing happened to me once, and that was only a whippet sized dog,

Tony

'The Gaffer'

Sorry to hear that Bri, hope you are on the mend soon.

YellaBelly

Sorry to hear that Bri. best hurry up and mend, I've booked the best summer for years so I can enjoy the fruits of my looooong labour (carb cleaning next, I can smell those exhaust fumes now ;) )

JB

stupott901

At least it gives you time to work on your cars Bri

Get well soon bri

Denzle

Sorry to hear that Bri.  There is always something when least expected.....Heres hoping a quick recovery...
            Denzle..... ;)

Sprint 7

:D  Get well soon Bri.Don't think we've met but if you need a hand with a lift/shift with the car  give me a shout as I'm only in Hanham.

Bulldog Bri

Thanks for all the good wishes and offer, all I can't do really for the mo is drive!!!

What I could do with though, is anyone able to give me a lift from Kingswood (Bristol) up to Frenchay Wednesday 1:00pm as public transport doesn't go that way from here (that I can work out)  ::)

8)

WALNUT

Consider it done. Ill be outside your place about 12. 30.

Tony

Bulldog Bri

Big Thanks Tony. See you tomorrow  ;D

8)

WALNUT

Hairy Santa

I dont know

some people will do anything to work on their cars

but this is pretty original though

hope it all works out well mate

paintman

Nice one Wallnut!! ;)