+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

IVA info req'd

Started by Sprint 7, 06, April, 2011, 09:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprint 7

Hi folks,has anyone put their kit through the test recently?You may have seen my Nearing Completion  post in build section recently and I wondered if any of you out there would care to give my S7(yes it's an old girl ) the once over to maybe highlight any screaming errors I've made while the test is still fresh or fairly fresh in your mind.I still have a few bits'n'bobs to finish but the axle/kerb weights are really baffling me too.Any comments or offers gratefully received. Pete ::)

YellaBelly

I'll be watching this one with interest as I'm almost finished too (he said with optimism in his voice :) )

Richard

No specific information on Bristol.

Depending on where you are and which country I'm in I'll try and come by if it is of use to you.

But having been visiting VOSA and other IVA locations in recent past here are my opinions:
There are always differences of interpretation by the local tester and talking with those in other parts of the country even if there is a degree of consistency variation and interpretation does exist. To be fair the manual they have to work with does have room for interpretation, they have an escalation route to VOSA HQ and I've even discussed some items with them directly as well.

The guys who do the work have quite a bit of management pressure on them and they in general really do try to do their best.

You do need to make sure you have the latest updates to the IVA manual as several reviews have happened over time.

Some things are difficult to test at home without a "closed" or "private" road.

Best to PM me if you'd like a visit.