News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Aries Progress

Started by Iainl, 30, September, 2011, 05:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iainl

Just thought I'd post an update!

After 21 months building my Aries Locoblade it passed IVA yesterday 8)

But it's been a stressful week, I took the car to Aries in Derby for a pre IVA check over a couple of weeks ago, Steve at Aries finished a few things off for me which I was struggling with (reverse mechanism and a few other bits), then he started to prep the engine and fit a cat and this is where we hit problems.

We (sorry Steve) couldn't get the engine to run, after taking the carbs apart he found that the fuel was contaminated and we managed to snap a plug off in the head (leason learnt there don't buy cheap plugs on ebay), anyway moving on, we managed to get everything back together and running at the last minute and ready for IVA in Nottingham.

Martin at the Nottingham Test station is a great guy he pointed out a few sharp edges we hadn't covered and gave us time to cover them, also allowed us to calibrate the speedo which was slightly out and even let us fiddle around with the carbs to get the ommisions down.

Seeing and hearing the car on the rollers while he did the speedo check was a nervous 10 minutes, as that's the first time it's been through the gears at any speed.

Anyway it was all over by 12 o'clock car back on trailer and pass certificate in hand.  ;D

Been to DVLA in Bristol today to sort out the registration, now I have to wait for that to come through the post (anyone now how long this takes?) and keep my fingers crossed the sunny weather stays.

Going back to Aries tomorrow to collect the car.

Anyone out there looking to buy a kit I would must recommend looking at Aries Motorsport, Steve (the owner) is a fantastic guy always there to answer your questions and help you out when you get stuck.  In my opinion the kit is a good quality one and excellent value for money and customer service is fantastic.

Anyway here's a couple of pics (unfortunatley a bit out of date) I'll try to add somemore once I get the car back home.

Cheers,
Iain

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Iainl on 30, September, 2011, 05:56:27 PM
After 21 months building my Aries Locoblade it passed IVA yesterday 8)

Well done that man :)

David H

dave_bence

Krazyken

A well done from me too!  Now you just need to run it in on track.  :o

Hairy Santa

braver than me, a well earn't congrats that man

look forward to seeing the finished car

Iainl

Car back home now and here are some new photos, unfortunatley some IVA bits have dropped off or have changed over night ;)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Iainl on 02, October, 2011, 04:40:05 PM
unfortunatley some IVA bits have dropped off or have changed over night ;)

Oh dear, how annoying :))

Krazyken

It's funny how the IVA has that effect on kit cars, then they seem fine forever more.

RMW50

Iain,

Well done mate, your car looks really great, even better now that you are actually on the road, all the hard work must seem worth it now!

Rich