News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

DVLA Registration

Started by YellaBelly, 06, August, 2012, 01:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellaBelly

I got an insurance quote from Frank Pickles of £112 which I thought was damn good, but when I rang them to start the policy so I could submit the registration paperwork, they said they cannot do it against the VIN :(

I rang DVLA to check that the insurance was only needed for the tax application and not registration and they said that I needed insurance along with all the other paperwork before I could apply for a reg. number & V5C !!!

So I then had to re-quote online for insurance using someone that would do it against the chassis number. I got a quote from Footman James which was £150 more than the FP quote :o :o

Then I got another quote from Adrian Flux, and for the same requirements they quoted me £100! :D, and they insure against the VIN for 30 days. So I am now insured :)

When I asked DVLA how long for the registration, they said up to 2 weeks before I get the tax disc and letter confirming registration, and 4-6 weeks before I would get the V5C!  >:( >:(

Guys on the Locostbuilders have had the V5C within 48hrs of submitting their paperwork at the local office so WTF???

I'm off there later to see what I can sort out.

stupott901

When I asked DVLA how long for the registration, they said up to 2 weeks before I get the tax disc and letter confirming registration, and 4-6 weeks before I would get the V5C!   

When I SVA'd my MK I was cheeky and and went straight round to the DVLA office with car on trailer and insurance docs and sva certificate and asked if they could inspect that day which they did and 2 hours later waiting for an appoinment, i drove away with a letter of authourity to get number plates and a tax disc. It was so easy and i thought it was going to be difficult.

So cant see why the big wait unless they have changed procedure, have you tried to go into the DVLA office in bristol?

Stu

YellaBelly

I'm off there in a little while mate. Just downloaded the insurance docs, and the DVLA already did the inspection etc. so I am hoping that now I have all the necessary paperwork it shoud be fairly rapid, and they allocated the VIN a good few weeks ago when I had the inspection and gave them my amatuer build declaration.

The person I spoke to before was in the head office, and they are normally very limited as to what they can tell you, it's normally 'by the book' as far a I can tell. I always prefer talking to someone in-person, you normally get more sense that way. So fingers crossed.......