+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Hats Off to Bristol DVLA!

Started by YellaBelly, 06, August, 2012, 05:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellaBelly

I can only say top job to Bristol DVLA. Went in there armed with all the paperwork, talked to a very nice man for 5 minutes, and came away with a bit of paper, a tax disc, and I now have these:

[smg id=1200]

:D :D :D :D

Am I a chuffed bunny or what  :P 8) 8)

stupott901

see i told you bristol dvla were helpful,  better than going through head office,

so take it you are out on the road then??

YellaBelly

Yep, they were faultless, took less than an hour from taking my 'please wait' ticket to getting the disc & Reg. Well chuffed :D

Not on the road at the mo, don't know what's happening by you, but it's hacking it down here every time I so much as walk out the door :(

I ain't gonna lose it now, it's taken me too long to get here ;)

stupott901

Yeah its pretty much of and on showers and dont blame you waiting better wait till its a bit dryer

YellaBelly

Any idea when the next meet is? I'm itching :)

peterw

Excellant, there's hope for me yet.

Hairy Santa

Quote from: YellaBelly on 06, August, 2012, 06:18:19 PM
Any idea when the next meet is? I'm itching :)

should be this thursday evening at Saltford- notice Iv'e put should

'The Gaffer'

That's one hell of a number plate mate, must be worth a fortune.

YellaBelly

Yep, struggled to find someone who would put ***'s on though! ;)

And it IS worth a fortune to me chap :D :D

Moleman

For some reason I can't see your picture. What is it?

YellaBelly

Nothing of interest mate, just a set of REGISTRATION PLATES!!!!!  8) 8) 8)

BTW, is the meet on tonight? The weather looks set fine :D

Moleman

I cant go tonight mate, also part of the ring road is shut at the moment & the traffic by me is at a standstill.

YellaBelly

Hey Ho! Thanks for the offer Ed, I decided to go out for a short blat anyhow after I had checked a noise coming from the diff. I just nipped up the flange nut as there was a tiny bit of side-to-side play in the input shaft. Took out the sideplay but the noise is still noticeable when taking up the drive. Seems worse over about 30mph.

Anyhow, I didn't see your reply until I had got back around 7:45 :(

Still, I dropped the tyres to 20 psi and fitted my smaller steering wheel which made a heck of a difference. Still needs the suspension setting up for me though but at least it feels a lot more sure-footed for now :D

I think I've clocked up around 100 miles already :P and it's only day 2!!

Bulldog Bri

I'm not jelouse  :( (he says through gritted teeth). Just ran out of money to go through with the test again.  :'(

But holidays over now and scenic repaired, so nothing else to get in the way. I hope.  ::)

8)

YellaBelly

Go for it Bri! :)

Any help I can give then give me a shout. I think the main worry for me (apart from the cost!) was the brake balance front-to-back, exhaust noise level and the speedo accuracy. The first was out as I said, the exhaust was 94dB (5dB under the max) and for the speedo, he 'gave me the benefit of the doubt' as his machine was playing up. As it happens, I got my eldest to come out with me and use the Sat Nav to check the speedo and it is over-reading by loads :(. At 50mph it was reading 58! Not sure there is much I can do about that though? I know that when the tin top is showing 60mph, the Sat Nav normally shows about 56mph so I guess it's not that far off the tin top speedo.

John

bluehornetrider

I found that the sat nav speed is only accurate when the road is level but is inaccurate when any sort of slope is introduced normally underreading due to the degree of inclination.