News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

my luego

Started by aliwizard, 09, September, 2012, 03:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliwizard

hi all well its been a while since i posted anything on the site,a few members wanted a few pics of my car and how its looking ,so here are a few ,99 percent there now,been working on the house this year so the car has had to take a back seat ,but just started working  on the car again ,and i have been told to stop making bits for it and finish it  ok santa ,on a sad  note i have just found out that i have got  a  incurable  form of leukaemia , treatment starts in a few weeks but the outlook is very good ,a lesser aggressive form ,its been a bit of a shock and taken a while to get my head around but as we have all seen from the para olympics some people are in a far worse position and just get on with life , i am not going anywhere yet to many ideas and cars to build ,the doctors and nurses do a great job so if your out somewhere and see a donation bucket  just drop in a bit of spare change as we never now who will be next, anyway thats a enough of the doom and gloom i hope to get to a few more meets ,queens  square the this morning was good as i need a bit of spark to get me going again .

'The Gaffer'

Car is looking great !!.

Really sorry to hear of your health issues and wish you all the best and hope your treatment leads to full remission.

Catch up soon fella. You know my number.

YellaBelly

I'm with Phil. Good luck on the treatment chap and hope all goes well ;)

And the car is looking the nads! Just like Pete said :D

John

Bulldog Bri

It's about time we saw some pics of your car.  ;D

Sorry to hear of your health problems as well, really hope it doesn't interfere with your plans for loads of fun with your car.

8)

fullpint

I admire you for sticking with the project. Can't be easy for you. Hope the treatment goes well and look forward to seeing the last 1% done..
If you manage to come along to a meet bring your bucket mate, I will drop  in a donation. ;)

evolution

Stick with it Aliwizard. completing the car will prove great therapy and relief when you need it to take your mind off things. Keep your chin up and I hope all goes well for you.
Steve

stupott901

Good luck with the treatment and the car is looking good

Stu

Krazyken

I am with you with you on the incurable condition front.  In 2006 I was diagnosed with an extremely rare form of Monogenic Diabetes, the problem with this is that it always has a secondary effect but only time will tell what it is.  One form is known to make your kidneys pack up.  In 2010 they identified the gene but as I am the first person in the UK to be diagnosed with this particular defective gene, I am the guinea pig for all their experiments and seeing what happens next.

Any condition like this is now part of you and after you get over the initial shock you learn to adapt, make lifestyle changes and take your medication.  From now on every day is precious so make the most of it and enjoy life to the full.

If you want to have a chat PM me with your phone number.

Lucky Ed

Really sorry to hear about your health problems and good luck with the treatment.

Good to see the car has moved on a bit since I last saw it, is looking great. I'm really chuffed withe the work you did on my car before I bought it as it's getting used on track a fair bit and the substantial rollbar does inspire a liitle more confidence on a track day ;)

Hope it all goes well and look forward to seeing you out in the Luego soon 8)

aliwizard

thanks for all the best wishes hope to see you all soon.