News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

My Bulldog Rebuild

Started by Pilgrim Anna, 16, September, 2012, 06:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog Bri

White is on and looking great, a few little bits to clear up but very happy with the result  ;D

8)

Lucky Ed

Nice one Bri, looks great. I admire your progress in these temperatures 8)

Hairy Santa

cant wait to see the finished car, as Ed said it is cold    8) 8) 8)

Bulldog Bri

Yeah it's cold. Just getting some feeling in my fingers again. Lol.

8)

'Mendip Wurzel'

Car looks great ... me not being an expert when it comes to spraying cars, how do you not end up with everything sprayed blue in your garage.
My limit when it comes to sparying is 'spray cans' and I seem to get that everywhere.

Kevin

YellaBelly

bluehornetrider

If you use rattle cans you will only end up with a cheap finish, I have seen brush painted kits that look good but they have a thick layer of paint that is rubbed back then polished, a lot of work, but cheap.  They best result is still a compressor and airgun. Oh and practise

Bulldog Bri

There is quuite a bit of dust spray about the garage but not to worried about it, I did cover over the 7 with a couple of old sheets as that was fairly close by.

I did try rattle cans a long time ago but found that thier spray area was quite small so would leave uneven layers of paint where you think you've covered, so got myself a small compressor and gravity fed gun.

Been working on a few things today, made up the exhaust pipe cleaned and painted up the old bumpers got the ignition working (now have spark ;D) and the side lights now working.

So here's the plea... Has anyone got an old Mini headlight hanging about in their garage gathering dust (or matching pair) they don't want. Also I'm on the look out for couple of smiths gauges 'Temp & oil pressure' Darren let me have some old gauges from his Westy and they will do till I can get hold of the more classic looking Smiths ones with the chrome bezzels.

8)

bluehornetrider

I've a couple of spitfire lights spare, don't know if they work though.  On another note I sheared an engine head stud and was wondering if you had a spare one for the spitfire?

Bulldog Bri

I think I've still got some somewhere I'll have a look tomorrow. I'll let you know.

8)

Bulldog Bri

Got Annas car down of the ramps and out in daylight for the first time today,
Nearly done just the clutch and brakes to bleed (I hope) new seatbelts (when they arrive) and then down for it's MoT.

Just got to change those wheels as well  :'(

8)

Moleman

Looking good now. I agree a nice set of wheels will finish it off just right.  ;)

fullpint

Looks great. Paint the wheel in the light blue?

bluehornetrider

I like the shape of the wheels, if they matched the car colour they'd look sweet! :P

YellaBelly

Looking good :D

Good luck with the MOT ;)

'The Gaffer'

Bulldog Bri

Brakes are good now. :)
All the lights are working Except Reverse & Fogs). ::)
New seatbelts fitted. 8)
Wipers & washers working. :P
Hood & side screens fitted. ;)
Bonnet, Boot, Doors and Bumpers on. :-*
Even a power socket for phone charging.  :D

Just the Clutch to get working, waiting on a new Master cylinder to arrive ??? And then it's off to the MoT tester.  :o

8)

Grin-a-lot

That's great progress, good luck with the MOT!

fullpint

8) You have been a busy boy Bri..
Look forward to hearing the good news ref the MOT test..

'The Gaffer'

Bulldog Bri

Well it's all done now really. Brakes working, Clutch done and paint polishing has gone into overdrive. Brought it out into the sun yesterday for a few pics.

8)

Daley Down Under

Moleman

Very nice mate. I see you did the wheels blue in the end.  :) 

Bulldog Bri

Typical, Put this up a little early it seems. Now have a leaking rear wheel cylinder, Reversing lights have stopped working and the washers as well  ??? And who would have known that the brake lights were wired through the old rear demister circuit (which I got rid of as I thought it was  an unnecessary lot of wires that were in the way  :-X:'(

8)

Bulldog Bri

WELL, this is it. MoT today ::) 11:15 Glup!! The car should be ok BUT could be issues with the paperwork  :-X Due to the fact that it was only registered as a Marina Convertible to keep the old reg, as that's how it was done a lot of the time in the 80's before SVA's and IVA's... Plus don't know how long it was off the road before we got it and that to could cause problems as it may no longer be on the DVLA system >:(

Only one way to find out and that's to go for the MoT and see what happens. ???

8)

Hairy Santa

Daley Down Under

Same here

Marina Convertible???????  ;D

fullpint

No news is good news.. Hopefully its on the road being driven and enjoyed. Looking nice Bri.

Bulldog Bri

Nope sorry guys it didn't...

3 securing nut issues (no spilt pins).... :-[ opps. Now sorted
Indicator and wiper stalks were a little loose.... Drilled through plastic ring into steering column. Sorted 
1 front brake calliper was weeping.... Hopefully now sealed
A bolt on the torsion bar not fully tightened.... :-[ Tightened
And the exhaust decided to blow a bit on the way to the MoT.... ??? Welded up
+ a few advisory's

I will be taking it back down for it's retest hopefully on Monday. But the bigger problem is now the registration of the car. It still says Morris Marina on the V5 and the tester wasn't very pleased about doing a test for me, but he did as I said I would be going straight up to the DVLA after the test.  :( There I explained the problem and now have some forms to fill out (oh joy) fingers crossed we won't need to IVA the car as it's been on the road for at least 25 years pre SVA and IVA with no problems.  :-X and that's how kit cars were done (mostly back then)

8)

'The Gaffer'

Glad you are making progress Bri.

Hairy Santa

Bulldog Bri

Daley Down Under

Bulldog Bri

IT'S PASSED.  :P

Just got to Tax it now.

8)

robp

fullpint

8) Excellent news. Look forward to seeing it at a meet... ;)

Bulldog Bri

Well, I've managed to tax it as well today, so Annas Bulldog is now 'ON THE ROAD'  :P

8)

Grin-a-lot

It's just the weather for it as well - great news!

dave_bence

Great news Bri 8)

Look forward to seeing both cars at Stoneleigh!

fullpint

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 29, April, 2013, 06:08:23 PM
Well, I've managed to tax it as well today, so Annas Bulldog is now 'ON THE ROAD'  :P

8)
HAPPY DAYS