News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Bulldog IVA test

Started by bullrob, 23, November, 2012, 10:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullrob

Bulldog test started at 08.15 am finished at 2.45 pm they shook it on the shakers they weighed it on the scales they measured every surface with a big sphere and a we sphere even to the bulldog badge. Despite the cobra seats having head restraints they were deemed to low. the wing mirror stems not enough radius. instrument bezels  radius was a no go. We will not be defeated we will fight them on the axle stands we will fight them on jacks. The Bulldog breed will come through

fullpint

Why is it sooooo hard to pass these IVA test?
It seems that they are ever so fussy. Whats wrong with having a smaller radius on a mirror stem?
I could not be bothered to go through all of that >:(

Quantum owner

I will be going for iva next year and a quick glance of the manual states 14 different failer points just for the mirrors. I think it puts of a lot of people building new kits but does bring the standared of kits higher. Im lucky in a way as the sister company to mev RTR does an iva service that does a 2hr pre inspections sort out any small problems, test's it and fills out all the paperwork for £700 which may seem expensive but does avoid a lot of stress dealing with the dvla also by the time you hire a trailer to get to the test if it fails another 90 quid and another fee for a trailer so not that much different.

It's a great achievment for anyone to get through the iva but i will not be doing it again for a while.

peterw

After talking with my IVA tester at my test the radius's or radii on the body parts should be designed so as not to injure anyone further after them being thrown onto the bonnet etc !!!!!!!! :-[

fullpint

I expect some people (after getting IVA) may well purchase new mirrors that would not pass on the day so therefore I can't help feel that some areas are pointless.

peterw

Exactly, a lot of people have a pre and a post IVA build. It's just like the MOT ,only really valid at the time of testing.

Bulldog Bri

Where did you go for your test? Not heard about the shaking test before!!  :o

8)

bullrob

Oopps
Where I live no mot instead we have Vehicle test certificate all  testing done in purpose built centers fully equiped torture chamber even shocks measured has to be seen to be believed so IVA test is put through every thing including rolling road for power measurement even plug in to check electronics Oh yes Northern Ireland not a place to test any vehicle.