News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Just a little indicator modication.

Started by Moleman, 31, January, 2013, 08:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moleman

It's not the same as you guys that build your own cars but I desided to put smaller indicators on replacing the standard one's it came with.

These are the originals.

This is the old & new. (Think hairy santa will like the weight reduction.  ;D)

I had to machine some black nylon blocks to put the angle on & cover up the old holes. (I have some spare if anyone with 7's need a pair to do the same thing).

This is the overall difference. (still lighter & less drag with the blocks hairy santa.  ;D)

So one on.

Now both. job done.

'The Gaffer'

Hairy Santa

Nice mod, I like the mounts, they look good

Def lost at least 5 ozs there  ;)

robp

Heh, nice modifcation, Colin.  I agree the standard indicators look huge.  Will be interested to have a closer look next time I see you.

Krazyken

With all that weight saving and reduced aerodynamic drag I will expect you to get below a 48 sec lap at Llandow.

Moleman

I will do my best Ken.  ;D    All I need to do is stick behind Robp & do what he does & I'm there.  8)

fullpint

paintman

Another thing I noticed on your car is the stick-on front number plate.....it's against the law 'cause of the age of the car.   Watch out you don't get picked up by an overzealous copper! ::)

YZFMINI

Moleman

Thanks guys for the comments.

I know what you mean paintman. I have been told it actually came out the factory like that. I have even check for srew holes to see if the previous owner was lying but can't see any signs of one ever being fixed underneath. If it had then I'm not sure how the top would open without it hitting the floor & preventing it opening?

A good friend of mine who is a copper said the numbers are the right size with the right spacing & are very clear to see. (even for the speed camera's) & most policeman accept traffic cops wouldn't know this due to the type of car.
He did say that alot of traffic cops are petrol heads & would prob just want to look at it. But he did say you always get one knob jobsworth that might be an ass about it. (like hair santa got).
Thanks for the heads up though.  :)

Hairy Santa

they will have you for it as it doesn't have the makers no plus kite mark on it  -  if they are knob heads

the main prob is if its a personal plate  - they can have it taken from you - now that can hurt 

stevel

They look great Colin, love the mountings how did you machine them, must have been at work?

Bulldog Bri

Much Better. Cant hardly see them but I bet they are bright when used.  ;D

8)

Moleman

Hi Pete. You are right, If I do get the knobhead then they will get me on that. If I'm unLucky enough to get the knobhead then hopefully I will just get one of those notice things that give you 2weeks to get it corrected as everything else is clean & up to date. (not got a fancy pernonal plate either so they can't take that). :)
I haven't seen a westy FW front end that flips up & has a numberplate on the bottum so I don't know how there numberplate clears the ground as yet? I will have to look it up. :)

Hi steve. I did machine them at work. Had to make afew jigs to do it so to get the angles right & a nice finish on the nylon blocks.
I have afew spare sets now as you end up messing some up as test peices.
If anyone needs something like or similar to these made for theirs then I don't mind helping them out.  :)

Hi Bri. You are right. they are LED's that are really good so I get a smaller light which are as bright if not brighter than the old big lights.   8)