+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Eternal's Skyline straight 6 haynes roadster build

Started by Eternal, 06, February, 2013, 07:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eternal

Sorry for the pic dump but here is some of the built to its current state!

'The Gaffer'

Good job, look forward to the updates.

Second pic is best sit in new chassis shot Ive ever seen, its now your avatar but you can change it to whatever you want of course.

Moleman

I agree with the gaffer. the second picture is cool.  :D
Look forward to seeing it progress.

paintman

That's going to be one hell-of a car when it's finished!! ;) ;)

fullpint

Cant wait to see this (and hear it) when its finished.. It may even swing me towards a CEC  :-\ ;D ;D ;D ;D

YellaBelly

Looking good! Let's hope you get the engine in and running soon, can't wait to hear that ;) :D

bluehornetrider

Looks great, really like the gold split rims, why aren't they in the later pictures? :P

Eternal

i would LOVE to use them and still have them sitting here but it would require the hubs to get machine with a different bolt pattern 5x114.3 rather than the ford sierra's. If anyone knows anywhere that can do this please let me know as i would really like to use them but trying to keep the costs realistic. Would have to get discs machined with the correct pattern as well.

YellaBelly

Eternal

Well if someone can do it that would be bloody fantastic as i love those rims and are very limited edition enkei's

bluehornetrider

Was it just the engine you liberated from the skyline or are you using anything else, maybe your wheel problems could be cured by using nissan parts insyead of Ford.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: bluehornetrider on 09, February, 2013, 02:28:13 PM
Was it just the engine you liberated from the skyline or are you using anything else, maybe your wheel problems could be cured by using nissan parts insyead of Ford.

Good point..

Eternal

It would have been nice to use more of the original donor parts but it was 4x4 and most were not quite right. I instead decided to keep with the standard Haynes Roadster geometry to make my life easy.

fullpint

What stud pattern are the wheels and whats the stud pattern of the hubs you intend using? I can tell you now 4 wont go into 5. Depending upon the wheels design you may be able to drill in between the current holes with a new set of holes on the correct PCD.

Eternal

what i have is 4x108 what i would like to have is 5x113.4 so would need 5 new holes drilled in. Pretty sure the hubs have enough space to put the new holes. But will have to take one of the rims down and check.

fullpint

4 holes are 90 degrees apart where as 5 would be 72 degrees therefore two of the hole would end up being very close to each other and by the time you countsink to suit the nut taper it could end up breaking through. You also need to check the 5 hole wheel does not have any cast relief holes on the back of the mounting face.

Krazyken

The avater pic is worth sending to Ian Stent, I bet he'll print it in CKC,

bluehornetrider

I thought some of the early skylines were rear wheel drive, isn't it possible to exchange the seirra axle for nissan's the whole point of the haynes roadster is that it's possible to change preety much any of it to you components.

Eternal

Anything is possible. Yes some skylines are rwd but my engine is from a Stagea RS4 (R33 skyline GTST Spec 2 with GTR drive train and estate body). With regards to changing stuff over its a bit too late for that as i already have all the hardware and drive train and seems like a lot of work to go from 4 to 5 studs lol.

Drew up all the stud designs in auto cad and i see what you mean now fullpint. Only real option would be to fill in the old holes and redrill and get some custom discs made up(or find some that fit). Or.... use some crazy spacers/adapter but I'm sure Mr IVA wont like that option.

fullpint

Spent 28 years mate working for Dymag. Designed a fair few wheels/castings and mould so I know a bit about boring old wheels. And my job now is WHEELS day in day out haha..
You could weld up to holes but!!!! This will put a lot of heat into a localised area which ideally you should then get heat treated.. If I were you I would just get a set of 108mm pcd wheels.. You still have a very interesting tool there mate  8)

Eternal

Heh can always look into custom hubs at a later date. The main focus at the moment is getting this engine started. I have the 4x108 wheels already with rubber so they will do for the time being.

satchellm

Hell this is going to an animal!!!!!!
On the wheel talk there is always the option of a bolt on "spacer" has 4 stepped holes with allen key headed bolts which you bolt to the hub the has 5 threaded holes to bolt your wheel to. Dont know if there about for your pcd combo but there are plenty out there.  ???

bluehornetrider

Gone a bit quiet on this one, was looking forward to seeing this beast on the road :P

Moleman

There are about 4 builds that I was following that has gone quite.