+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

My Sylva Striker Rebuild

Started by BDMStriker, 17, March, 2013, 10:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDMStriker

Cheers Ian!, made the best of a bad situation, drilled the rear tub initially and realised the lights protrude to the rear cross member so modified to fit a cluster,

another little update...

just waiting on a set of JK composite seats as finding a set of buckets to fit a striker seems a pain!

Lucky Ed

Looking really good now. I love the exhaust, where did the can come from? - I might have to upgrade mine as I'm going to struggle to get through the noise tests with the engine mods I've done :o

Also be nice to see the seats as mine need upgrading too - I presume the width is the problem

Keep up the good work ;D

Bulldog Bri

Love the colour combo's :P It's gonna be very Striking ;D

8)

Moleman

Looking really nice now mate.
I have a set of these which may be similar to what you ordered?

They are thin but very comfortable.  :)

Ed, Dave from Interpro made mine as I needed a bigger one for my engine. It's a repackable one & it wasn't very expensive mate.

BDMStriker

sorry for the late reply, !

from what i found out from the previous owner its originally an SBD exhaust for a westy, which was shortened to fit the striker,  awesome bit of welding, just a shame its mild and not stainless, seats arrive on friday which should be fun getting fitted, 350m wide, getting in and out of them isnt going to be graceful!

benchmark51

Quote from: BDMStriker on 14, May, 2014, 11:38:21 PM
sorry for the late reply, !

from what i found out from the previous owner its originally an SBD exhaust for a westy, which was shortened to fit the striker,  awesome bit of welding, just a shame its mild and not stainless, seats arrive on friday which should be fun getting fitted, 350m wide, getting in and out of them isnt going to be graceful!

The exhaust is really nice. Why don't you nip it round to Infinity, they could make a copy of that for you in stainless.

Pilgrim Anna

Looking Good. Well done on all your effort!  :). Be good to have a Striker in the club, something different. ;D

BDMStriker

Dusting the cobwebs off my old build diary!

Finally i'm pleased to say its actually finished,

ready for MOT which will hopefully be weekend after next for a steady shakedown,

Originally back in Feb 2013 it was meant as a 6 month build which turned into a 2.5 year build... It had quite a few more gremlins such as the Diff Being shot. Full Head Rebuild, New Management , complete new brakes and lines, Body work new seats etc etc,

My Nephew being the first passenger wih the harnesses on!

So hoping to have the end part of 2015 to really get to know the car... i know its a clear rebuild but i intend to drive it, it'll be far from a trailor queen

Hoping to eventually look at getting a full cage fitted if possible..

Daley Down Under

Nice job - good to see another kit on the road  :D

Cheers Adrian

Iancider

Facial Hair Optional

Moleman

It does look very smart mate, So when are you going to join us on a run?  :)

BDMStriker

Hopefully  soon!  Car needs a shakedown.. but once its settled i wouldnt mind a run out..  its quite a decent drive down anyways.. was local only last week as i passed to get through to cornwall.. stopped at a friends in Bristol on the way back too. Clifton area.. 

Any excuse to get the car out once on the  road is good enough for me !