+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Engine Replacement.

Started by Moleman, 16, July, 2013, 10:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky Ed

Hope they sort it out soon, without too much expense to yourself Colin, it wont be long to the start of the trackday season :o 8)

I've got all my bits and pieces together and am just waiting to get my cylinder head back, then I can start rebuilding mine 8)

Moleman

They have been really good to me Phil thats for sure.  :D

I hope it will be sorted too Ed, hope you get yours sorted soon.  :D

Moleman

Well I picked it up today & it is all sorted.  8)
Long story very short as it's all abit technical for me.  :-[  It ended up getting stripped & put on the dyno twice, with technical support from cosworth we have found out that it was the Gudgeon pins thats making the noise at 1500revs. Which apparently is normal for this high revving race engine as it needs a bigger clearance gap of 1.5 instead of .8 (sorry forgot what measurement they said) to allow it to rev at higher rev's for what it is designed to do. Cosworth said it's a design fault & assured us that it wont do any harm.
The guys have said it is completely fine inside & once it's warmed up & you get passed 1500revs the engine will always sound better.

One thing they have discovered while it was on the dyno is that my oil pressure gage it out by miles! :o May be another reason why it went pop? ::) They was able to tell me by how much so until I get it sorted I know where it has to be on my gage.

Well once I got it home the sun was out so i did what had to be done & took it out.  8)
I will say it went like a rocket.  8) 

So just got to put on the new hot climate, race radiator & new oil pressure sensor.  ;D

'The Gaffer'

Thats good news mate, glad you are sorted :)

Iancider

Well done.  I may have a looky- likey but you are going to make me feel like I shoved it in reverse! :o :o :o :o :o

Lucky Ed

Good news Colin - I'll look forward to you disapearing off into the distance ;D ;D ;D

Daley Down Under

That is good news - 1:14s round Combe now :)

Moleman

Quote from: MarlboroCar on 18, January, 2014, 09:33:14 AM
That is good news - 1:14s round Combe now :)

That maybe a bit ambitious Adrain.  :D maybe 1.16s though?  ;D

Moleman

Well Now that it's running great. I got around to fitting on the new radiator yesterday. It had to be a bigger one to accomadate the new lump.

Sorry Hairy Santa I know what your gonna say. "Thats more weight I've added" I could always drill some weight saving holes in it?  :P

Old one & New one together.

Just abit thicker.

All done. Just waiting for the new thermostat to come before I can put some coolent in.  :)

'The Gaffer'

Lucky Ed

Smart job Colin 8)

I'm still waiting for my head to be done, should get it back by the end of the week :D

Moleman

It's a pain when your waiting on other people mate.  ::) :)  Looks like we will both be up & running about the same time.  ;D