News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

project short arse

Started by chris61, 09, February, 2014, 07:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris61

Quote from: Moleman on 15, April, 2014, 09:03:35 PM
Quote from: chris61 on 13, April, 2014, 09:40:28 PM
After trying wider gasket, it leaked at another point along the cover.....
3hours and some 'special gasket goo' from a mate, I THINK I may have the only oil tight pinto!lol took it for a quick run around the yard to make sure everything is fine. Quick doughnut and she's just about ready.

Don't eat too many doughnuts every time you accomplish your next stage or you won't fit in it by the time it's finished.  :P

It's a 442, 4" wider, 4" longer and 2" taller so plenty of scope for doughnut consumption! Insured it yesterday, just got to get to the post office to tax it

YellaBelly

Looking good Chris!  8)

Never thought I'd hear of a 'leak-free' Pinto though ;)

Don't forget, I went to  the Post Office in Chipping Sodbury, and they were happy to Tax based on the letter stating no MOT needed for 1st 3 years :), and I'm still looking for that sender, it must be in the lock-up somwehere when I can get at the boxes! ;)

chris61

I'm printing the insurance docs as we speak and getting all the paperwork together ready for Saturday morning as soon as they open! Then once I've done a clutch on a master I'll be heading out on the open road! I raised the front on the coilovers by 25mm which has helped the ground clearance and done a couple of speed bump tests and can get out of the unit with two people sat in it, got to plate to make a sump guard Saturday night aswell today.

peterw

Got my Tax this year from the Post Office no problem, even though on the reminder it stated it needed an MOT as I've still got 18 months till the the first 3 years are up. I think now that the DVLA offices have closed, the Post Office have updated their systems as last year they couldn't do it with out a current MOT

peterw

I've got a copy of that letter if you need it.

chris61

Quote from: peterw on 17, April, 2014, 03:49:59 AM
I've got a copy of that letter if you need it.

I've put the copy of the letter somewhere very safe....

Iancider

QuoteI've put the copy of the letter somewhere very safe....

Too much information :o

chris61

Panic over I put it in my office desk drawer instead of lobbing it on the side as usual. Alarm set to be first in the post office

YellaBelly

chris61

Quote from: YellaBelly on 20, April, 2014, 11:19:19 AM
Well!!????!

You OTR chap? :D
See my post in 'kit car discussion' :D in the excitement I forgot to mention the sump guard I knocked up