Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Another "another" Furore build

Started by davestephens, 14, February, 2014, 06:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davestephens

Hi guys,

Im not from anywhere near Bristol, (im in Essex) but this appears to be the only place people are building Furories!

I normally build aircraft for a hobby, but decided to build a car for a change and chose the Furore.

I have had it a while now, but been spending a lot of time modifying the bodywork and most other bits to suit me and what I want from it. im just getting to the fun bit now of putting it to a running chassis.

Im new to this forum but once I suss out how to post pictures I will put some up

ATB

Dave

Iancider

Dave,

Welcome on-board.  I hope you find us a very welcoming club and we look foward to seeing your project 8).  Your other hobby sounds pretty interesting too - you might be interested on this post by benchmark51 on how not to do it. ;D

http://bristolkitcarclub.co.uk/smf2/index.php?topic=3135.0

Moleman is organising many events, hopefully you might be able to join us or may be meet up at Stoneliegh this year.

Good luck with it
Ian

Moleman

Hi & welcome.
I can't wait to see how well you are doing Dave. As long as your picture sizing is ok you should normally be able to post them on the add image to post link?
I play on the big planes for a living but only bits of planes normally, but I do on occasions get to play on the hole thing.  :D
You are still welcome to come to any of our events if your in the area?  :)

garry h

Hi Dave welcome to the club look forward to seeing some pics  :)

'The Gaffer'

Hi Dave and a warm welcome to our club.

We have had 2 Furore builds that I know of, one to completion and one that faded away (I wonder what happened to Phil's build)

I'm sure our member Quarrycars will be of help to you should you need any.

Pics are good :)

Quarrycars

Hi Dave, great to see another Furore build under way, the car is a blast, I miss mine and want to build another.
Are you using the Toyota engine?  I want to try a bike engine for the next build.
Let me know if there is anything I can help with.
Cheers, John T

davestephens

Thanks for the replies, and warm welcome, been out all day, just got in and going out again now!
I will post pics when I get back, I have some of them on photo bucket so is it easier to copy the image link?

I have a bike engine, I bought a new ZZR1400 from AB performance

I will return with pics ASAP

Dave

davestephens

Tried it before I go out, hope they [/url]

[/img]work!

Daley Down Under

Great engine choice (and great choice of supplier).  Andy really knows his stuff  :D

Cheers Adrian

Iancider

'The Gaffer'

Very nice, good clean build. Andy Bates does indeed know his stuff, that should be a great engine.

davestephens

just an update, been Beevering away at My Furore, Just got the wheel arches, then final check over to do (add some rubber etc for IVA) then book it for its test

Dave

Bulldog Bri

Looks great. Good luck on the test day. Do you plan on bringing it up to Stoneleigh or any other shows? ::)

8)

Iancider

Seriously beautiful, well done!

Book early for the IVA they seem to be very slow arriving these days.  Now is a good time to make sure there is Summer left!

Good luck
Ian

Moleman

davestephens

Not booked IVA yet, was going to make sure it was completely finished first, but by the sounds of it I better do it soon!

Not thought about any shows, the local one to me (detling) is no more, but if it ain't to uncomfortable to drive I might do stonliegh.

Dave