News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Front end Refurb!!

Started by fullpint, 13, July, 2014, 01:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullpint

Ok this was meant to be my project for last winter but never got gone!! Like most jobs lol.
Last week coming home from work my drivers side mud guard departed its self.. Its still in one piece (got a few marks) so I thought lets re-do my upper/lower wishbones and springs.. Hope your ready chaps..

Moleman

Wow. they look good mate.  8)

Bulldog Bri

dave_bence

Iancider

There's always a crock of gold at the end of the rainbow 8)

TimC

I assume that you used the opportunity to re-set the rake/ride-height (or at least have sorted it since the 2013 Track Developments day)?   :D  :D  :D

Camber Dave

I'll need my dark glasses for this one....

Hairy Santa

Car of many colours - your name isn't Joseph by any chance is it  8)

fullpint

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Tim; After the 2013 day at Dave's I have since got shorter front springs and a much lower rating. Still need to check the rear springs (Dam that means more wishbones to do  8) ) and then a trip up to Dave's will be in order..

paintman

What sort of poundage has your front springs got fullpint, I need to sort mine out as there rock-hard......sorry to pinch
your posting. ::)  ;)

Your suspension parts look great by the way! 8)

Camber Dave

If you're springs are too hard – go softer.

To get them correct needs a bit of calculation.

It is based on the weight of the car (inc driver and/or passengers), the unsprung weight and wheels, The angle and leverage of the installed coilover and the use the car is being used for (Race/Track/Touring).

I am happy to work it out for anyone on the forum. Then we can all enjoy the cars we bought in the way we use them.

But when you consider A/R Bars.....Well lets just say I need a drawing of the suspension for starters....

Dave

'The Gaffer'

paintman

Quote from: Camber Dave on 15, July, 2014, 08:42:22 AM
If you're springs are too hard – go softer.

To get them correct needs a bit of calculation.

It is based on the weight of the car (inc driver and/or passengers), the unsprung weight and wheels, The angle and leverage of the installed coilover and the use the car is being used for (Race/Track/Touring).

I am happy to work it out for anyone on the forum. Then we can all enjoy the cars we bought in the way we use them.

But when you consider A/R Bars.....Well lets just say I need a drawing of the suspension for starters....

Dave

Cheers Dave, i'll be in contact after I get the Hood back from the rebuild. ;) ;)

fullpint

New ones are 8" 200lbs. My old ones are 250lbs I think and 10", freshly powder coated in gloss black if they are any use to you??

paintman

Quote from: fullpint on 16, July, 2014, 03:10:39 PM
New ones are 8" 200lbs. My old ones are 250lbs I think and 10", freshly powder coated in gloss black if they are any use to you??

My Hood is definitely heavier than yours and i don't know what poundage is on there at the moment......is it stamped on them
or something, have to check the length as well when I get the car back.

Cheers anyway, i'll keep you in mind.

TimC

Steve,

I increasingly think you'll have to go the whole nine yards colours now.