News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Westfield Mega S2000

Started by Master O, 22, January, 2015, 02:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master O

Apologies to those that may have already seen this on the WSCC site but thought I'd start a build thread for my Westfield Mega S2000 project.

I wanted to use different pedals to those supplied by Westfield, the factory were good enough produce a chassis without the normal pedal bracketry and I had the chassis delivered in bare metal as I knew that I'd need to do a small amount of fabrication to fit the new pedals.

The new pedals started off life as standard OBP aftermarket items....

however because of the limited space in the footwell and after a lot of measuring out came the hacksaw followed by some welding and powdercoating I ended up with this.....

and then installed them in the chassis (which has now also been powdercoated) ......

That's it for now, next will be brake master cylinders, brake lines and fuel lines before I can start tackling the bigger stuff like suspension!

Iancider

Hi Master O,

This is an interesting challenge - its tight down there.  I found the Caterhams just too tight for my wide feet so the little extra in the Westfield footwell helped make my choice. 

One thought you might want to take on board.  Westfield provide a left foot niche and footrest which is very thoughtful and good but what about the right foot?  When building mine I set to raising a dome in the RHS inner panel beside the accelerator pedal.  It is easy to do because the outer fibreglass panel  is curved and will take the dome.  I just placed an adhesive pad of rubber on top to stop it vibrating on the outer panel.  This dome give me about 2cm extra space and keep my right foot clear of the brake.  Raising a dome is easy - just thousands of small taps on an anvil or steel block to expand the metal until it domes and then laying it on a flat surface to flatten the rim.  some of the rivet holes on the edge might need to be re-positioned but none of this part will ever be seen again so it does not matter.

Good luck with the project. 

Regards
Ian

Master O

Thanks Ian,

Good suggestion regarding making a little extra room for the right foot hadn't thought of that.  I don't have the largest feet but it might make longer journies a little more comfortable.

Cheers

Mark