News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

New, to me, Westie... Needs some love

Started by foggy@smr, 16, August, 2015, 01:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

foggy@smr

'The Gaffer'

Gary RH7

Facial Hair Optional

Lucky Ed

Gary RH7

Quote from: Lucky Ed on 06, November, 2015, 06:22:56 PM
Enough of your holiday snaps FHO ;)

Ha Ha!! He was hoping it was something like this.

Facial Hair Optional

How did you manage to get hold of that picture of my girlfriend Gary???  :D

Gary RH7

Facial Hair Optional

You must have the magic touch mate, she won't let me take snaps like that!!!!!  :o

benchmark51

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 06, November, 2015, 08:44:17 PM
You must have the magic touch mate, she won't let me take snaps like that!!!!!  :o

These will

Moleman

Do you mind that's my mum.  :o

Just to say it is looking good Foggy. nice to see it coming along.  :)

sanzomat

Holy thread diversion batman!

I think some more time on the naughty step may be needed...

foggy@smr

I was thinking the same ... lmao....

Compared to a few of the other forums I am on, this one is a load more easy going which is the best way... If you had put anything like those pics on you would have been banned, but we are all adults (ish) and know its all good banter  :P

Facial Hair Optional

benchmark51

I don't see anything on this forum that you can't see on Facebook, Twitter ect. You have obvious choices. Personally I don't like 'Xfactor' or 'Strictly' , therefor I don't watch them.

foggy@smr

Getting this crazy train back on track......  :P

Tad more done... Ordered wrong engine mount rubbers, so another few days till the engine / gearbox go back in....

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: foggy@smr on 09, November, 2015, 04:52:09 PM
Getting this crazy train back on track......  :P

Indeed. Although I do worry about what a couple of you guys are looking at on the net when you aren't looking at this great forum :o Gary, you are excused :)

Foggy, back to you, and your thread...   

Moleman

Glad to see you didn't get too distracted mate. keep up the updates.  :)

foggy@smr

Really little update...

Got a larger tank.... Spent a little while cleaning engine up... Also lads have put the front hubs back on...

foggy@smr

AAAAaggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh.....  :o  :o

Went to trial fit the new tank, and it dont fit... Standard tank, but with the full roll cage, the rear stays are around 5 mm too narrow...  :-X

Answer... Get the cutter out and cut an inch off the end of the tank. In being welded now  :P

On a plus note, the engine and gearbox is now together on the floor and the exchange engine mounts have turned up.. Job for the weekend me thinks.

'The Gaffer'

Gary RH7

Probably one less lap on a full tank now :'(

foggy@smr

'The Gaffer'

Moleman

foggy@smr

Been a few weeks since last update... The build is still slowly moving forward.... Amazing how long everything takes..

Trimmed out the cabin with some sheeting. Just needs sticking down. Made a heck of a difference to the look of the inside..

Plus did a trial fit of the new seats...

Still awaiting conformation from Westfield, Caged and the MSA as to the cage, and if it can be used for the speed events we want to do next year. Could not afford to wait for them to come back to us, so carry on and if all else fails we have a back up plan as to the events. Want to do the Welsh Speed and Hillclimb series, but if it all goes tits up, we will fall back on the Javelin Speed Series.... Or fork out on a replacement Caged MSA approved cage. That little silver sticker is causing soooo much trouble  >:(

foggy@smr

Deck the halls with bits of carbon... fa la la la la de do do do  :P

That's the easy bit done... Cut the holes for the handbrake and gear lever next  :o
Going to put some thin weather seal under the carbon to stop any leaks.

Still waiting for new dash to turn up, and the scuttle to re-appear from the body shop, so have to stick the sheeting around the tub with some tiger seal next.

foggy@smr

Well its been quite a few weeks, and have slowly been moving on with the rebuild...

Major thing is that there is light at the end of the tunnel concerning the cage... MSA are saying good to go if Westfield can get it sorted their end, so here's hoping....

Went on a spending spree and have new brake and fuel lines sorted, new rear lamp clusters are on the way, body work has come back and looks the dogs, the carbon dash has arrived and is far too good to get anywhere near with a Dremel !!!!

All the silly small jobs which take the time are being ticked off the list, but what you think will take 30 mins, you can double at least, as cleaning all of the bolts and stuff as we go.. Only hoping to do this once, so do it right....

Next jobs are holes in tunnel topper for handbrake and gear lever, seats mountings and then fuel system, plus continuing to tidy wiring as we go...

Pics to follow at some point, but it dont look like anything has been done without the body work on it  ;D

foggy@smr

Bit of body work  :P

It is getting there  8)

Gary RH7

Quote from: foggy@smr on 25, January, 2016, 11:17:36 PM
Bit of body work  :P

It is getting there  8)
Sounds like you are doing fine Foggy. I spent ages looking at it, working out how to do it and very little time actually doing something. Got there in the end 8)

Iancider

You know my mates - Will Power and Percy Veerance

sanzomat

Quote from: Iancider on 26, January, 2016, 10:08:29 PM
You know my mates - Will Power and Percy Veerance
Know them well! They are really good when you get to know them but are pretty hard to master!

Great work Foggy - sure it will be done in time for the better weather!

foggy@smr

Quote from: Gary RH7 on 26, January, 2016, 07:35:08 PM

Sounds like you are doing fine Foggy. I spent ages looking at it, working out how to do it and very little time actually doing something. Got there in the end 8)

Nothing seemed to happen for ages, then putting the fuel lines and tank in this week has suddenly got it a massive step forward.

Quote from: sanzomat on 26, January, 2016, 10:25:03 PM

Great work Foggy - sure it will be done in time for the better weather!

Sure hope so... Booked into Coleford Carnival of Transport Easter Bank Holiday Monday...  8)

Had another good afternoon resulting in .....

Really think the colour scheme works well, but got to move a few of the bodywork fixings because of the change to the V8 bonnet and nosecone.

Crunchie Gears

Your car is looking hot  ;D.  Easter is early this year so not long to go before you will be out and about.  :P

Moleman

Hope you get it sorted real soon then mate. What is this carnival then? Tell us more we might want to join in.  :)

foggy@smr

Quote from: Moleman on 28, January, 2016, 08:17:24 PM
Hope you get it sorted real soon then mate. What is this carnival then? Tell us more we might want to join in.  :)

The Coleford Carnival of Transport is the largest free show of all modes of transport within the south of England, and takes place on Easter Bank Holiday Monday (28th March this year)

The centre of town is shut down and filled with all types of cars, bikes, lorries, buses and tractors (Well we are in the country) plus different static displays of motorsports disciplines.

There is a thread already started on the forum, but would recommend to come up and view, even if not taking part.

I have been displaying the rally cars there for around 10 years, as we are sponsored by local companies, and its an ideal way of giving something back to them.

http://www.colefordcarnivaloftransport.co.uk/

Only drawback is that the cars must be parked by 9:30 and cant be moved before 16:00.

I have already been booked in, so come and have a pick over of the car and do the, 'oooohhhh I wouldn't have done that' bit  :P :P

Moleman

Thank's for the heads up.  :)

foggy@smr

Well, the rebuild is moving on, but its taking forever  :(  ..

Took most the eve, just to get the rear tub in the right place, as was really not happy with where it was originally sitting. Reinforced the lower mountings with some ally sheet to hopefully stop the same happening again, where the bolts had pulled through the panel, dropping the passengers side down.

At least the carbon dash is looking better than it did. Made a test dash up out of some 3mm lexan sheeting, and tried a few layouts before choosing this one. But again, everything takes 3 times as long as you thought. Holes for starter / horn / ignition / steering and warning lights still to do.

On the subject of the holes, is it worth painting the cut edges with super glue. Seen a few people say about it?

With just over a month to go until the Coleford Carnival of Transport, its going to be close.......  :o

jmad

A Bit O/T but I have a red westfield boot box and hard cover, its been moved around the garage for the last few years and I have put it in the skip yesterday :-X, if its any good to you then I can fish it out and you are welcome to it.