News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Moss Kit Car Barn Find - Interesting Winter Project Anyone???

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 04, October, 2015, 11:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

Gary RH7

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 04, October, 2015, 11:10:01 AM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOSS-KIT-CAR-BARN-FIND-/231710032865?hash=item35f2fe83e1

Not seen one of these before

You are probably not old enough. (Flattery will get me a ride in the ASBO  :P :P :P)

This is one of the things that got me into kit cars and I specially bought a Triumph Herald specifically for it but then Robin Hood started up and I went for that as it was one donor and one kit. Have a look at the link, the site will explain all.

http://www.mossownersclub.org.uk/cars.html

Another one for sale from the same designer.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLASSIC-MOSS-ROADSTER-SPORTS-KIT-CAR-WITH-HOOD-AND-SCREENS-TO-USE-ALL-YEAR-ROUND-/111783122103?hash=item1a06cb14b7

Iancider

benchmark51

I agree, those wheels do not belong on it at all. Even the spare is out of place. I reckon a set of wires, even fakes would look much better.  :-X

Bulldog Bri

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Gary RH7 on 04, October, 2015, 03:24:07 PM
Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 04, October, 2015, 11:10:01 AM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOSS-KIT-CAR-BARN-FIND-/231710032865?hash=item35f2fe83e1

Not seen one of these before

You are probably not old enough. (Flattery will get me a ride in the ASBO  :P :P :P)

No need to mate, you are welcome to come for a drive anytime Gary, all we need is some flippin dry weather!

Facial Hair Optional

I agree, those wheels look bloody awful on that thing don't they. What was he thinking!  ???

Bulldog Bri

They're just the original wheels from the Spitfire painted black. Prob never got around to buying better ones ::)

8)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 06, October, 2015, 08:20:12 AM
They're just the original wheels from the Spitfire painted black. Prob never got around to buying better ones ::)

8)
I think Ian may have been meaning the ones on the othe car Bri. I know I was, have a look!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLASSIC-MOSS-ROADSTER-SPORTS-KIT-CAR-WITH-HOOD-AND-SCREENS-TO-USE-ALL-YEAR-ROUND-/111783122103?hash=item1a06cb14b7

Gary RH7

8)

Hey Bri, mine has Spitfire wheels painted black,

Is that why it didnt get in the calendar :'(

But now I have bought these.

Fullpint has transformed them into these.

Just need to paint the black inserts and get some tyres.

Any ideas on how to paint the black inserts? masking them would be a bummer and take ages.

benchmark51

Bulldog Bri

Sorry Gary, But I have kept it for a Contender for 2018! ;D

I did use masking tape to do a set of compomotives a few years ago took a while but the result was worth it

After the tape went on, I used a sharp knife to slide down the sides of the raised bits I wanted to stay silver. Once sprayed black, I peeled that off as well.

8)

Facial Hair Optional

I saw Ed China do it on Wheeler Dealers once Gary, I'm pretty sure he had to mask and spray them. Could even have been Brewer that did it come to think of it (can't be too hard then can it!!  ;D)

Gary RH7

Thanks Bri. Looks like I have my free time sorted with masking tape and a sharp knife.

Might have the new wheels on by 2018 then ???

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Gary RH7 on 07, October, 2015, 12:17:49 PM
Thanks Bri. Looks like I have my free time sorted with masking tape and a sharp knife.

Might have the new wheels on by 2018 then ???
Ah, so not ready till the 2019 calendar then! ;D :o :P

8)

Facial Hair Optional

Bulldog Bri

They did look good on the car. Just a shame it never go finished. My mate ran out of money for the project. (and other reasons)

We got this far

8)

Gary RH7

Bulldog Bri

It was a Merlin. Cortina based. Last I heard it was bound for Germany but as it wasn't registered so he would of had problems importing it until it was finished. Long story but it's gone now.

8)

Brandy Barrel

8)

That old huh, shame they didn't fit the merlin engine too...

Facial Hair Optional

I really like the look of that Merlin. All this talk of cars like that and the GTM's in the club has got me thinking - maybe I'd like a kit with a roof for 'non-dry weather use'. Not sure what though, may have a look-see next year.

sanzomat

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 07, October, 2015, 11:34:58 AM
Sorry Gary, But I have kept it for a Contender for 2018! ;D

I did use masking tape to do a set of compomotives a few years ago took a while but the result was worth it

After the tape went on, I used a sharp knife to slide down the sides of the raised bits I wanted to stay silver. Once sprayed black, I peeled that off as well.

8)

Or, just wait till they get really dirty and just clean the front face!

Gary RH7

just taken the masking tape off five of them. Not perfect but you have to get close to notice.

sanzomat

Moleman

Facial Hair Optional

fullpint

Don't look to bad at all Gary :)
Quote from: Gary RH7 on 28, October, 2015, 10:50:29 PM
just taken the masking tape off five of them. Not perfect but you have to get close to notice.

Gary RH7

Quote from: Moleman on 29, October, 2015, 07:31:50 PM
Hopefully we will see them this Saturday.  :)
I am working on it and I am hoping it will get rid of the irritating wheel wobble I get at 55mph :-[

Bulldog Bri

Moleman

benchmark51

Quote from: Gary RH7 on 29, October, 2015, 11:33:50 PM
Quote from: Moleman on 29, October, 2015, 07:31:50 PM
Hopefully we will see them this Saturday.  :)
I am working on it and I am hoping it will get rid of the irritating wheel wobble I get at 55mph :-[

How's the wheel wobble now? forgot to ask today :-[

Facial Hair Optional

Yeah I must apologise too Gary, I didnt get to check out your new wheels at Combe like I wanted too. Are you coming to the ADC next Sunday?

Gary RH7

Thanks for the comments guys and Bri for urging me on.
I think the wheel wobble has gone but need to check it on longer runs to be convinced but the ride is much better and the handling much much better. Just need to fine tune the tyre pressure now.

Don't know if I will make the ACD next Sunday FHO. Sunday mornings are a bit busy for me at home. Check out Col's pictures of Saturday at Coombe. You can see the new wheel in the first horizontal picture.