News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

My new project

Started by gingerpaul, 29, October, 2009, 06:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gingerpaul

Having been inspired by Back to the Future here is my new project:

I call it the Hover Dax!

:P

'The Gaffer'

Very nice pic

I can see you saving on tyre wear for starters :)

Mark G

Thats a sweet looking car

gingerpaul

Thanks.  :)

The engine has been back in (well, the new one has gone in), ran for 10 minutes and is just about to be removed again. Crank seal leak. Bugger. At least I know what order to do everything now.

Hairy Santa

Quote from: gingerpaul on 01, November, 2009, 07:46:02 PM
Thanks.  :)

The engine has been back in (well, the new one has gone in), ran for 10 minutes and is just about to be removed again. Crank seal leak. Bugger. At least I know what order to do everything now.

Thats a right bummer, feel for you
just in case is the breather clear, you never know could be something simple, worth checking before you strip it all out again

gingerpaul

They're clear unfortunately. I thought it was the sump originally. 3 attempts at sealing it have failed and a friend spotted it weeping from the crank out of the seal. It had been sitting for at least a couple of years before being fitted though so perhaps the seal has lost its flexibility or something. I've even got a spare one here already so I could have done it before it went in the first time had I known.

Richard

How annoying !

What is the bet you'll do another little job with it again though, always seems to be the way.

David H

Quote from: gingerpaul on 01, November, 2009, 09:26:17 PM
They're clear unfortunately. I thought it was the sump originally. 3 attempts at sealing it have failed and a friend spotted it weeping from the crank out of the seal. It had been sitting for at least a couple of years before being fitted though so perhaps the seal has lost its flexibility or something. I've even got a spare one here already so I could have done it before it went in the first time had I known.

I do know how you feel. i'm very envious of the garage by the way and the car does look nice too. I nearly got one a couple of years ago. I went to the Dax factory and Gary took me out in the John Eales 4.8 they used to have. He doesn't know how to drive it in a straight line, it was ass end everywhere. What a ride.

gingerpaul

I'm very lucky having the garage set up I do. A lucky break when moving house!

I got the same ride from Gary. Turned right out of the estate in second gear and by the time he'd straightened up from the opposite lock we were up to 60! What was it that put you off a Rush then?