News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

V-Storm Rebuild

Started by damouk, 20, November, 2015, 02:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanzomat

Hopefully if the 'box came from someone you know they won't have sold you a pup.

Any news on when the chassis will be back from the powder coater?

damouk

Unfortunately not Dave, it was from an internet auction site, however everything I have checked seems to be good and there didn't seem to be any teeth ratteling about in to bottom lol

The powder coater said it would be three or four weeks, however my mates delivery driver said he saw it and it wasn't silver which is a good sign.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: damouk on 28, February, 2016, 10:01:48 PM
Unfortunately not Dave, it was from an internet auction site, however everything I have checked seems to be good and there didn't seem to be any teeth ratteling about in to bottom lol

The powder coater said it would be three or four weeks, however my mates delivery driver said he saw it and it wasn't silver which is a good sign.

"it wasn't silver"?? Dammit Damo, you ain't ever gonna tell me the flippin' colour are ya!!??  ;D

damouk

Well it was sort of a dark silver before wasn't it, maybe it's a mint sunrise or a misty buff or what about lilac...

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: damouk on 28, February, 2016, 10:37:38 PM
Well it was sort of a dark silver before wasn't it, maybe it's a mint sunrise or a misty buff or what about lilac...

Nice colours mate! Best laugh I've had today!! How about powderpuff pink or kermit green. Or my old favourite of yesteryear duck egg blue?  ;D

Moleman

It is a shame you didn't see it Steve. Damouk has chosen well.  8)

Iancider

QuoteHow about powderpuff pink or kermit green. Or my old favourite of yesteryear duck egg blue?

Is this guy psychic?  How did he know the exact colour combination you chose Damouk?

damouk

I'm not sure Ian, it's either a very good guess or he has been hacking into my pc....

sanzomat

Talking of Kermit green made me think of this GTM coupe actually nicknamed Kermit, can't think why

damouk

Looks a bit like the Kawasaki green that, not sure mine is quite the same, maybe a shade darker ;-)

benchmark51

Oh no, not bogey green please ???

Iancider

damouk

Ha I'm not sure what colour your bogies are Dave

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 29, February, 2016, 09:42:36 PM
It is a shame you didn't see it Steve. Damouk has chosen well.  8)

It will be all the more of a nice surprise when I do eventually get to see it (being as none of you b*****ds are gonna tell me!!  ;D)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: damouk on 29, February, 2016, 10:11:12 PM
I'm not sure Ian, it's either a very good guess or he has been hacking into my pc....

Not just your pc mate, I can hack webcams too!

Facial Hair Optional

damouk

Last Thursday after fidodido's IVA I visited the powder coater and picked up the black bits, if the rest come out looking as good then I will be very happy with the finish. However he was not happy with the result from his sample of the 'top secret' colour, he showed me this and the original swatch I showed you guys at the club meet and it was quite different :/ Yesterday I popped in again to for a catch up and he said he has now sorted the problem which was one of his bits of kit.. I saw my chassis which has been blasted and primed ready to go! I am hoping to take Easter week off and get the bulk of the car back together!

sanzomat

Great news. I cant wait to see it in the snot green!

damouk

It is finally, hopefully it wont look to over the top with the yellow!

I have also enquired into the cost for the later nose cone, but not sure which one I prefer at the moment..

damouk

Finally finished painting a drive shaft tonight, just need the replacement bolts and it's ready to go back on the car :-)

Moleman

Looks like a lot of us are rebuilding this weekend.  ;D

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: damouk on 21, March, 2016, 09:34:03 PM
Finally finished painting a drive shaft tonight, just need the replacement bolts and it's ready to go back on the car :-)

Didn't know they did Cuprinol in black Damo!!  ;D

benchmark51

Oh aah, no woodworm in them then ;D

damouk

Nope no metal worm either

CC Cyclone

damouk

A bit more prep done tonight, front uprights blasted, lacquered and bearings re-packed:

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: damouk on 24, March, 2016, 10:18:09 PM
A bit more prep done tonight, front uprights blasted, lacquered and bearings re-packed:

I love it when you talk dirty to us Damo  ;D