+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

V-Storm Nosecone, which do you prefer?

Started by damouk, 19, March, 2016, 11:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

damouk

Ok, so when I put the V-Storm back together do I change to the later nosecone or stick with the original one?

Original:

Later Style:

benchmark51

I like the second one, but is keeping the brats off the wing going to be a problem? Ask FHO!

pompeyal

My choice the second one but hey its your car, you should be making the choices, if you did decide to go for the newer one you could always go without the spoiler for road use and fit it when doing track work.

Facial Hair Optional

Would you be keeping your small headlights Damo?

I ask because with the bigger headlights the 2nd nosecone looks a bit like a bottom feeding fish!!

It would look less so without the spoiler I guess. I genuinely prefer your current one mate tbh.

damouk

Just the nose cone, everything else is as is, so same headlights I have now and no wing... For the minute anyway

Facial Hair Optional

Hmmm, the 2nd one is growing on me. I think it perhaps needs to be seen in the flesh. I am sure another manufacturer has a VERY similar front end but I can't think who it is?

Is the front spoiler just cosmetic or functional? I think it would look better without it myself. And it depends on the colour Damo! ha ha ha!! I have no idea still do I!!!

sanzomat

When I look at the 2nd one I find myself thinking of Jar Jar Binks. Not a great thought... probably just the lights though. Can someone photoshop the 2nd one onto your car with your lights?

Based on those pics I prefer the original.

Moleman

Second one with the smaller lights.  :) Both look nice though.

paintman

Second one, with a spoiler in black gets my vote!  ;) ;)

Crunchie Gears

For me the second one looks the business :-*

Gary RH7

Quote from: Moleman on 19, March, 2016, 08:09:54 PM
Second one with the smaller lights.  :) Both look nice though.

Second one also..and as Col said, smaller lights. You don't want it looking like this

Iancider

Second one is nice but a real target for speed-humps.

How about a vinyl wrap on the side cheeks of the existing one?

damouk

The speed bump thing is a big issue for me as there are loads of half bumps where I live, I should be ok without the wing as I don't think it's any lower than the original nose cone. I have asked for a price for the new one so have to see if it agrees with the wallet.

'The Gaffer'

damouk

Looks like everyone agrees the later one looks better, I've had the price and it's not as much as I thought.

paintman

On the subject of the head lights I must admit I prefer the larger ones. ::)

The smaller ones look lost in the body-work to me.....maybe lower the larger ones an inch or two! ::)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: damouk on 21, March, 2016, 09:24:16 PM
Looks like everyone agrees the later one looks better, I've had the price and it's not as much as I thought.

Not an entirely accurate statement mate! If you discount your own vote it's actually 5 to 2 so 40% prefer the original (so far!) Methinks you are selling yourself on the later model?  ;)

damouk

True FHO but some have commented but not voted.

My thinking is that I might be able to put a charge cooler rad in it in the future ;-)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: damouk on 22, March, 2016, 05:19:49 PM
True FHO but some have commented but not voted.

My thinking is that I might be able to put a charge cooler rad in it in the future ;-)

Good point Damo! There does seem to be more room in the latter one. Have you seen it in the flesh? I think you will be able to decide almost immediately if you do. Pics can be very misleading. I have a sneaky suspicion the 2nd one will look better in real life than in a photo, after all they must have changed it for good reason I would think?

Ignore what everyone else likes and go with what you think suits you best I say mate!

damouk

No i havent seen one in the flesh, I think they changed it to give somewhere for a number plate and somewhere to bolt the wing to.

It's a bit longer than the current one but not sure how much wider the front area is