News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Finally Got Some Garage Time......

Started by YellaBelly, 30, January, 2010, 08:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellaBelly

At last! I finally got some good time in the garage. Weather was kind and I managed to get the floor in, nearly done the final few bits of chassis welding and got the engine clean/paint underway. I've popped a few more piccies in the gallery.

Here's a sample...

Here's hoping for more of the same tommorrow, I'm hoping to get the suspension and axle rebuilt and get her back on her wheels.

Watch this space...... ;D

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: YellaBelly on 30, January, 2010, 08:18:01 PM
Watch this space...... ;D

I'm watching, and looking forward to you joining us on a run this summer ;)

Furore Phil

Finally got the rear suspension and wheels on the car yeaterday !

Was going to put the front suspension on today and drop it onto it's wheels... but woke up with a cold  >:( constant sneezing and a runny nose doesn't help when working ina cold garage.

oh well, next weekend then.

Anyone read "Complete kitcar" ? Got a review of the car I'm working on (A Furore). They mostly liked it, couple of small problems, which I can fix on mine.

Richard

Excellent, great to hear progress, uploaded a pic or two ?

I subscribe to Total Kit Car and Complete Kit Car, so have the article. A bit over the top perhaps but worth supporting them.

Seems to be a lot of that pesky cold about at the moment, another winter batch, should have been doing that wrapped up and keeping warm thing.

YellaBelly

I was intending to get the suspension et al back on today too Phil, but I decided that I'd be better off sorting out the side panelling first so once the wheels etc are on they should be able to stay on. It's so disheartening to get the car on the ground then off again :(

So now to get some serious sized card to make templates up for the sides.....

Slow but sure :)

'The Gaffer'

Keep it up both of you, yeah it was a good mag article Phil.

Maybe we will see both of you this summer in your cars??

Furore Phil

This summer ? eep ! I was originally planning for that, but probably not. All depends on funds, time & the weather.

Did manage to wrangle a whole day in the garage ! The wide & kids are off visiting and are leaving me at home in pease. Set alarm for 6 I think. Problem is it's not till April  >:(

Oh - if you can't find card large enough, backing paper for wallpaper will do, just use masking tape to hold it in place while you cut to size.

YellaBelly

Quote from: Phil on 02, February, 2010, 08:50:00 PM
Oh - if you can't find card large enough, backing paper for wallpaper will do, just use masking tape to hold it in place while you cut to size.

Thanks Phil. I managed to get some one-sided corrugated cardboard from work. Done a template for the driver's side. I'll see if I can't get the ally cut tomorrow :)

Looks pretty cool just to see the side covered, even if it is just with cardboard :D

JB