+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

My Bulldog

Started by Bulldog Bri, 11, February, 2010, 09:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog Bri

I have at last started a few jobs on my Bulldog...

I idea was, when I got the car was to run it for the summer then make the car mine by altering it more to my tastes but with the crunch and the Merlin turning up, I've not spent much time on it.

What I have done in the last couple of weeks, is to remove the old vinal covered center concel & dash and I've made a new wooden dash with glovebox.

Yes, I know I'm a guage short but thats all that came with the car, will be looking for a small Volt meter to go in the last corner, the others are made by Tudor but a smiths one with the neadle down will do... I just need to tidy the writing on the box lid, a few warning lights and a varnish before refitting.

Behind the old dash yup the original builder had used plenty of RED wiring, so sorting out the harness is gonna be fun.

I've discovered also that there is a heater in the car but never wired up (still to find some wires coming out of it)  :o

If I can get these jobs done this winter before the show season starts I'm gonna be happy  :D

8)

'The Gaffer'

Nice work Bri.. Like the new dash 8)

Bulldog Bri

First trial fitting of the dashboard & center consel  ;D

Just need to sort out all the RED! wiring now ???

8)

YellaBelly

Nice one Bri :D

Trouble is, the missus wants me to make a wooden dash for the locost now! :(

When I pluck up the courage I'm gonna say NO! ;)

JB

'Mendip Wurzel'

The wiring adds a nice touch...

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: YellaBelly on 14, February, 2010, 06:26:35 PM
Nice one Bri :D

Trouble is, the missus wants me to make a wooden dash for the locost now! :(

When I pluck up the courage I'm gonna say NO! ;)

JB

Make it a wooden dash first, then cover it. wooden dashes are more for traditional older style cars anyway. Hey that could be your next project  ;D

8)

paintman

You're be a  brave man to say no.....hope you can cook!! :P

Hairy Santa

Quote from: bulldog bri on 14, February, 2010, 03:55:11 PM
First trial fitting of the dashboard & center consel  ;D

Just need to sort out all the RED! wiring now ???

8)
I do like the look of that Bri - nice job

Martin Higgs

Nice job on the dash Bri, Im just finishing fitting new gauges after siezing crank last year I thought an oil pressure gauge might be a good ideal.

YellaBelly

Quote from: bulldog bri on 14, February, 2010, 09:51:53 PM
Make it a wooden dash first, then cover it. wooden dashes are more for traditional older style cars anyway. Hey that could be your next project  ;D

8)

Funny old thing Bri, we are talking about the next project being a Marlin, Spartan or similar style :)

Love to do a Cobra next but I live in the real world unfortunately :(

JB

Bulldog Bri

Now that my Girlfriend Anna has passed her driving test  :o I'm gonna have to get the Bulldog back on the road asap and this will be my everyday car  ::) (till the Locost is on the road  ;) )

8)

David H

I really like the dash, didn't think I would as its not my taste but I have to say it looks good.

Bulldog Bri

Just had a quote for a new roof for the old dog. £700.  ??? does anyone know anywhere else they could recommend that may be a bit cheaper.  :-[ as budget not quite that loose.  :'(

8)

Moleman

I've seen a company called "Soft bits" that do customised roof's, bags etc for kit cars though not sure what they charge though?
Just goggle soft bits shop & you will find them there.

Dazzer

There is a coach works company called A and J Trimmers at the end of South Liberty Lane in Bristol that do full hoods, repairs and custom work but prices unknown i'm afraid, Telephone number is 01173 700 720. Will be interested myself to see what their prices are like. Good luck.

Bulldog Bri

Thanks for those. Though Soft Bits seem to be more for 7's, I will be checking on A&J once I've got it going again with the new gearbox. :)

8)