News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Another Car!

Started by Bulldog Bri, 03, August, 2010, 06:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullpint

8) nice work Bri, well done..

Bulldog Bri

Yeah... Just in time for the crap weather. Lol.  ???

8)

'Mendip Wurzel'

Interesting to follow your progress and hope all goes well with the replacement engine....

fullpint

Quote from: bulldog bri on 28, October, 2012, 05:49:23 PM
Yeah... Just in time for the crap weather. Lol.  ???

8)
But you have a roof and a heater un-like some of us  :D :D :D

Bulldog Bri

You could always fit a heater and a roof.  :P

8)

Bulldog Bri

DELIVERED !

When I got up there, I fitted a new fuel filter we put some fuel in started it up then he took it for a 6 mile round trip taking in the York ring road (got it up to 55mph) I followed behind in case of problems  ::) sure enough as there was only a jerry cans worth of fuel in the tank and its not the cleanest he stired up what was in there and conked out half mile from home. I dragged him back  but the car refused to restart the fuel in the filter looked more like muddy water so I don't think thats gonna help but its his car now.I've suggested he dilutes it with more fuel as its impossible to drain and keep running it, when its running clearer he can then change the filter.

But in all, He loves it.  :P

8)

'The Gaffer'

Well done. So what are you going to fill up the garage space with now? :P

Moleman

I'm thinking you better do Anna's car next or It's the sofa for you.  ;D

bluehornetrider

Hi Bri, I noticed you stripped the valve springs out of the head, how did you do it?  Do you have a special tool?

Bulldog Bri

Yup, I've got the valve spring compressor, very easy to use, just take it steady. Welcome to borrow if you need to.  :)

8)

fullpint

Quote from: bulldog bri on 11, November, 2012, 07:24:22 PM
Yup, I've got the valve spring compressor, very easy to use, just take it steady.

8)
Just watch out for any flying collets!!! Worth doing the job inside a childs tent so you can find the missing collet.. :D

Bulldog Bri

More like when the spring slips out under pressure and goes across the garage.

8)

bluehornetrider

I've got gaskets and valve springs but what else do I need for a basic service?

fullpint

Are you going to re-cut the vavles into place? I guess you know its worth making up a cardboard template to pop the old valves etc in and mark the template. That way the same valve goes back into the same hole. Also worth giving the ports a little clean up and polish..

Bulldog Bri

First you compress the springs with the compressor take out the 2 collets then the spring cap will come off, followed by the spring. After that the valve should drop out from underneth.Once you set them out as they came out as in the pic work through each set first by grinding the valve back in the head to give a good seall all the way around the valve seat. Once you have that refit the spring, compress with the cap in place, drop in the 2 collets carefully and release the pressuremake sure all the surfaces are clean before refitting the head. That should do for a basic service. I use a wire brush in a drill to clean up as much as poss' as well.

8)

Hairy Santa

Course and fine grinding paste and a rubber sucker tool for lapping valves in

good scraper for cleaning off old gaskets, and rotary wire brush comes in handy

feeler gauges for valve clearance

torque wrench comes in handy

Pm me if you have a problem with the tappets  ;)

bluehornetrider

I have a valve grinding tool a stick with a rubber end do I need special graphite powder? If so where do I find some.  I still need to get the last head bolt out as I came get a socket on to crack it, there is the rocker cover bolt  nut is getting in the way. Any ideas? ???

Bulldog Bri

Paste can be bought at most accssories shops. As for the head bolts have you taken off the rocker pedistals? because that should be the only thing getting in the way 3 (I think) of the head bolts. Tourqe settings for the head bolts is 45lbs rocker pedistals 25lbs.

8)