News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Aerial Atom V8

Started by foggy, 23, January, 2011, 10:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foggy

Any one watch Top Gear? V8 Atom, looked a bit special, did he say 0-60 in 2.5 secs?

Daley Down Under

For £150k it should be a bit special.  What about a Radical SR8 for half the price and same performance but better handling?  That was quicker round the TG Test Track but excluded because of speed hump issue.

'The Gaffer'

Very impressive car but agree with Adrian  the SR8 is much better value. If only I could afford one.

paintman

I would go for the Radical everytime! ;)

The Atom always looks "unfinished" to me!!

I like to see a few more body panels on a car ...... not a framework with a wacking great engine in it, even if it does go like stink..... ;D

dikkie

I think the Atom is a great bit of kit and like the look, although the £150k asking price is insane!

It looked a little lively with the stig behind the wheel too!

'Mendip Wurzel'

2.5 secs, whow. That is quick

paintman

Richard

I did find last year a maker of V8 Busa's and that was in the 30k range for an engine and in the US, so quite surprised at the huge price jump over the other models.

btw- the engine sounds greight  :D

aliwizard

radical for me  too ,go on radicals website click on radical performance engines and you will find a video of a sr8 lm on the dyno press play and turn the volume up to max  and sit back  awsome.

YellaBelly

Nice motor! Would certainly get you noticed (or points :D )

Why do they always insist on using Tiff Needell though? He was never any good when in F1, and almost killed Nigel Mansell when he ran him off the road in touring cars back in the day (although some may think that is a good thing....not me I might add).

Can't they afford someone a little less 'up himself'?

JB

'The Gaffer'

Couldent find the video on http://www.radicalsportscars.com/uk/about/powertec.aspx

But heres an all gear run of turbo hayabusa engine in Radical SR3

Krazyken

Check out the video of the Ultima GTR round the Top Gear track on Ultimas website.  It holds the unofficial lap record and is quicker than Schumacher in the Ferrari FXX costing £1.2m

The Ultima can be built for £70K with an LS7 engine pushing out 720BHP and it looks every inch a supercar.  A Radical would be nice but could you really be bothered with an engine rebuild every few hundred hours.

I'm sorry but £150K for a fast climbing frame on wheels that was a real handful judging by the on board video is just not worth the money.

Hairy Santa

Have a look on Holeshot racing

V8 up to 1000bhp

What to put it in

What gearbox

What axle

That is the question   ;)

aliwizard

putting one in a dax rush seams like a good idea

Hairy Santa

Quote from: aliwizard on 24, January, 2011, 09:42:37 PM
putting one in a dax rush seams like a good idea