News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Alfa Romeo Donor Car

Started by Quarrycars, 25, December, 2013, 04:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarrycars

Does anyone know of a kit car using Alfa components, I've been offered an Alfa not sure which model but it has a FI V6 engine and transaxle with De Dion suspension.  Apparently a pretty nice car except a tree fell on it.
I don't need another project but it is interesting to examine the possibilities.

Krazyken

Suggest you drop an email to Ian Stent at Complete Kit Car, he is the font of all knowledge when it comes to donors and kits but he usually advises to choose the kit first then the donor after.  Having said that not many people have a tree fall on a car.

There are some Alfa based kits out there.

Best of Luck

Sumov8

I have always fancied the Lancia Stratos as a car, bit pricey for the kits as only a couple of companies make them, but the V6 is a great engine and sounds spot on!

bluehornetrider

The stratos looks ace and is pretty close to the original with a Alfa V6, but is still an expensive build.

Bulldog Bri

Always loved the Stratos as well :D

8)

bluehornetrider

Hawk make a few different variants of the stratos.

Quarrycars

A bit more information on the car; it is a 1987 Milano (75), a Southwest car so it is rust free.  I guess the drivetrain would work in a 7 style car, I've always liked the handling of a solid axle so the DeDion is ideal. It has a 98.8" wheelbase and I think torsion bar front suspension.
I guess the Stratos is a mid engine layout, it there an adaptor to bolt the engine directly to the transaxle?