+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Annual Set up checks.

Started by Moleman, 27, February, 2015, 04:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moleman

Today I took the westy to Trackdevelopments for it's Annual set up checks so it goes round in the right direction to which I am pointing it. (can't do a lot about traffic cones that insist on jumping out in front of me though).  :P

I highly recommend this to anyone who hasn't had this done before even if your not planning on doing a track day with your car. Just to have the ride hight, corner weights, camber & tracking set up to a level that will transform your cars handling performance is well worth the money & Dave Gallop is always very helpful to help you out with any questions you may have on how your suspension works & which way to go about doing your set up for your requirements. :)

He will be doing an open day again this year but a bit later in the year.  :)

Camber Dave

Thanks for your kind comments, Colin.

After a couple of week's consideration, I am not going to do an open day in the spring as previously.
The wonderful day that Eddie did at Dynamic Mouldings in Sept made me realize the ones here recently have been inadequate. Also I think that at least 2, maybe 3 have been compromised by bad weather, almost inevitable in the Spring. Thirdly 12 or 15 cars on the day is too physical - it takes me a week to recover.

BKCC members are the only ones that I consider for work on Saturdays as you are local and  interruptions tend to be from other local owners.

To help members I will do a Basic check (exactly as per the Open Day). You will be welcome to make changes yourself or with a mate, while I do other work. Also as per the open day I will recheck your changes and set the front track, all for £20. If you would like to arrange yourselves into pairs or groups of 3 or 4 that could work for me, even on a Sat.
Also from March I have de-registered for VAT, effectively discounting all work by 20%.

Lucky Ed

That's a very generous offer from Dave to keep us on the straight and narrow, but remember he's not expensive if you want to get your car sorted at anytime. He did a full set up on my car before Xmas, and considering the front end was all new, it still only took a couple of hours. Time is well spent with Dave as you will learn so much about you car, and he'll give you plenty of tips on how to set up your car in the future.

Keep up the good work Dave 8)

paintman

Got to get the Hood sorted soon.....suspension far too hard and bump steers.

I'll be giving Dave a call for sure. ;)

fullpint

I really must get over Dave but as you know its time!!!! And the weather can also put a spanner in the works...  ;)