News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

New project

Started by CC Cyclone, 03, August, 2015, 08:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC Cyclone

Hello,
I have been a bit absent on here lately and at meets, a combination of work and personal commitments and the Cyclone failing its MOT have meant I haven't been out much, but the kit car obsession / insanity continues....

The 356 is complete and now for sale, details will be in CKC at the end of August. Time for a new project...

And that new project is this...!

It is a Raffo Belva. It is in a state having been in a workshop fire and then impounded for 6 months covered in water during investigations, but it is a car that I drove a few years back and missed out on buying at the time as I couldn't afford it, fast forward 7 years and it is now mine! Lots to do, it is a complete unknown and so I plan to strip it and start again. It also has some bespoke cast front uprights, one of which i found had sheared and so I am going to have to look at changing the front suspension for a more common upright I think. One for Track Developments probably. I also plan to make a few styling changes to the back end, and 'productionise' the quality a bit. Engine and gearbox is likely to be a ford ST170, I had planned an ecoboost install but home built installs that work properly appear thin on the ground and it seems less than straight forward. Unless anyone knows otherwise?

I now have a workshop in which I can do all this rather than a single garage and so hopefully I can make some progress. One other thing is that I now have most of the original GRP tooling for the bodyshell that I managed to rescue from a trip to the crusher in the same week I found the car, and so should be able to make replacement panels, although with only 7 ever built the market is somewhat limited!

I just need to find some time and money now....  ::)

Oh and the Cyclone should hopefully have a new MOT in the next few weeks.

sanzomat

I watched one of those on ebay last week. That,s a coincidence if there are only 7. It was a yellow (or maybe lime green?) one. Bid up to 9,401. looks absolutely stunning. Can't wait to see it finished.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: sanzomat on 03, August, 2015, 01:44:38 PM
I watched one of those on ebay last week. That,s a coincidence if there are only 7. It was a yellow (or maybe lime green?) one. Bid up to 9,401. looks absolutely stunning. Can't wait to see it finished.
Stunning and with gullwing doors!! I watch every car that goes through ebay kit car section and yet I managed to miss that yellow Raffo Belva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCC - your 356 is just gorgeous  8) 8) 8)

Where are you listing it for sale??

Iancider

James congratulations on some real lookers there - never average always gorgeous

Ian

Moleman

sanzomat

Badger

CC Cyclone

Thanks for all the replies gents, I wasn't even expecting a response most people seem to think it is ugly but I love it. I have the moulds if any one seriously wants one! I'm really looking forward to getting stuck in.

356 is about to be advertised, not sure where yet, but a 6 page advert in CKC can't be a bad start. Ian stent has been really supportive and I can't speak highly enough of him and Adam.

Daley Down Under

The 356 is truly magnificent - a wonderful build.  If the new one ends up even close you will have turned out another cracking creation.  Looking forward to photos and words during the transformation process.

Cheers Adrian

Facial Hair Optional

I think you will have people queueing up for the 356 CCC  8)

mr tone

Hi just to say that i am the buyer of the yello Raffo sold on ebay. Not collected car yet Tony

'The Gaffer'

Should look fantastic when finished CCC, really like the shape 8)

Excellent Tony, look forward to hearing more about it.

CC Cyclone

Blimey, jeremy has just signed up so now not only do we have several cyclones we seem to have 50% of the Belva's too!

benchmark51

Don't forget we got the only Ratbag as well :o ;D ;D ;D

CC Cyclone

Quote from: benchmark51 on 04, August, 2015, 03:22:17 PM
Don't forget we got the only Ratbag as well :o ;D ;D ;D

True  :) hope all going well.

sanzomat

Quote from: mr tone on 04, August, 2015, 11:15:45 AM
Hi just to say that i am the buyer of the yello Raffo sold on ebay. Not collected car yet Tony

On second thoughts, the headlights look great on that one!!! Welcome aboard - I really want to see it in the flesh - stunning!

Bulldog Bri

Such a cool looking car :P

8)

benchmark51

Nah, still waiting for a cluch cable. Got manflue as well. :(

Moleman

Looks like I might be seeing more of you now Tony not just at Llandow every year. 8)

Lucky Ed

Great looking car, can't wait to see it 8)

mr tone

Hi picked up Raffo today.  very pleased as first time i have seen car. To me it looks great. Wil post pics soon Tony

mr tone

A few things to sort, hopefully won't be too bad.

Facial Hair Optional

I love the look of that, and..... it's got gullwing doors!!!!  8) 8) 8) 8)

Iancider

Moleman

I really like that mate.  8)

CC Cyclone

Looks good tony, a lot better state than mine!
I know the sources for most of the parts on the car now so give me a shout if you need any help or info. Jez also knows these things inside out as his videos show.

James

mr tone

Thanks James will need help for sure,be intouch soon Tony

'The Gaffer'

Pilgrim Anna

Looks great, lovely shape and curves! Look forward to seeing it all restored :D

mr tone

Raffo went through MOT and gearchanger fixed. Car
now taxed so next job tracking. Going for first drive tonight

Facial Hair Optional

Lovely car. Take it easy tonight!!

Lucky Ed

Moleman

Can't wait to see it mate.  :)

Bulldog Bri

How did the run go? Bet you had a big grin across your face ;)

8)

mr tone

Tracking really bad,tramline on any surface so off to get it 4 wheeled set up plus its so low . think it will be great when i get all the small details sorted,remote locking ,new mirrors etc Tony

Facial Hair Optional

Have you considered taking it to Dave Gallop (camber dave)? He's the daddy on that stuff!

CC Cyclone

Well done getting it back on the road Tony, min is lagging somewhat behind;

mr tone

Hi Garage doing tracking want to change front ball joints before doing setup. Car passed mot but slight ware. Would you know what ball joints were used?  Tried Metro but not correct thanks Tony

CC Cyclone

I do. If they are original they are a lada believe it or not! I hav a part number I can post up tonight.

mr tone

Thanks James a part number would be good. Would like to have a talk sometime Tony