Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Spotted - interesting

Started by Iancider, 06, September, 2015, 11:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

My two-penneth worth....

1. Nice but not my idea of a kit car. A kit car should be instantly recognisable as such. May as well buy a nice factory built rag top/sports car like a Z4 or SLK etc. Looks more like it belongs in the 'replica' camp to me. Just my opinion. I almost started a thread entitled 'what is a kit car?' but decided World War 3 was not what I wanted to be remembered for and I like my legs the way they are thanks!  ;D

2. Could be great for the the right person with the skills and time to do the massive amount of work needed. Would be a real stunner if done well. There seems to be almost two seperate camps in kit car ownership, the 'build it from scratch and create something wonderful' group and the 'buy it, tinker with and drive it lots' group. Then there's the 'buy it, put it in the garage and wish I hadn't bought it cos it always rains on my days off' group!! I have been in both the first two with a short spell in the latter one also! (Haven't we all been in that last one for at least a few weeks at some point? Poxy weather!). Group 2 suits me to a tee. Or is it tea Ian? Earl Grey for me please mate, nice of you to offer  :D

3. If you can get it at near the starting price, bargain! S2000 engine too! Revs like a nutter! Would make a great cheap on track day car as you say Ian. Nice spot!

4. Love that thing, have been watching it for a while. Am awesome bit of kit, 190bhp, bike engined, sequential change and only 380kg!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My good God, must go like a stabbed rat!! One problem, it's a single seater. IMHO not good for road use cos you'll have to make every kid who asks 'take me out in it Mr' cry! Same goes for any lovely young women, then you're gonna feel gutted!! And where would one put ones M&S grocery shopping? Or my hairdressing kit and BSC (back, sack and crack) waxing strips for that matter? (Colin you know what I'm saying!  :o :-X :-*) Would make one hell of a track day car though, it's the right colour  - yellow! All it needs is an angry hornet on the back and off you go!!! Just need to rob a bank or post office now - you doing owt next weekend Colin, I hear those cashpoint machines can be ripped out of the walls with a good bit of chain and a big yellow van!!!! :o

5. Nice, but you are sat right next to the hot engine and it is once again taking up the space where your Mrs (or whomever!!! :o ;D ) should be. It may have close to perfect weight distribution with driver aboard, but I'd rather have a hot perfect 10 sat there thanks! 8) :P

18 months ago when I originally went to buy my 1st seven-type car in 30 years, one Tiger I looked at was being sold cos the owner had bought this, looks very similar to number 4 right? Proper race track/hill climb car this one, though I don't recall the spec now. Check out the nice little red Mini shell in the background too  8)

Moleman

You are right FHO I do like that yellow single seater.  8)

Iancider

FHO

Loved the language in that one!  It is amazing what sniffing petrol can do!  8) 8) 8) :P

Gary - I didn't miss the swing bin racer but I would be afraid of trashing it on the track! ;)

Lucky Ed

Quote from: Iancider on 07, September, 2015, 08:33:58 PM
FHO

Loved the language in that one!  It is amazing what sniffing petrol can do!  8) 8) 8) :P

That's not petrol he's sniffing, it's the stuff he uses for doing the perms ;D

Facial Hair Optional

Yeah that perm stuff really does stink though. Errr..... so I hear  ;D