News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Volunteers for Easter please

Started by Iancider, 21, March, 2016, 08:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iancider

Go Inspire followers will know that MX5 Alpha proved to have a duff Auto box and that is is not repairable.  We needed a replacement and were gifted not only another box but another car.

Today LuckyEd and I removed the engine and gearbox together with help from staff member Richard.  We are now getting practised at this and got the whole lump out and dismantled in just 4 hours.  This car came to us as a non-runner so we have to hope that the box is good but it certainly looks it.  It looks like the car met its demise when the head gasket developed an oil leak but the box looks perfect on the inside.

This now puts us on the home straight.  We want to put Alpha on the Track on April 25th and we are now ready to reassemble.  Work has already commenced in Flippers workshop in Yate and today we harvested the gearbox for it.  We now have a full set of parts and all we need now is the labour.  Ed is pledged to work the whole of Easter and we need to help him.  Flipper has dedicated his workshop to the task and is currently re-assembling.  The respray was completed last week and it looks beautiful.

So what we need are some volunteers over Easter - not that many but just a gentle trickle will do.  Please post here or PM me or Ed  if you are able to help on one or more days. 

Thanks in advance Ian

Moleman

Sorry mate. Looks like I will be fixing mine for the same track day.  :(

Facial Hair Optional

Not sure exactly what family stuff is lined up for me over Easter yet Ian but if I can find a couple of hours I will pop in to help out.

Moleman

Thanks Steve, If anyone else can spare a few hours that will be great.  :)

Iancider

Well we did it!

Engine back in to Alpha yesterday - wired and fired today.  Apart from forgetting to attach the starter motor power lead everything went perfectly and when connected Alpha started first time.  So Big thanks to everybody who helped out we are well on target for April 25th now.

LuckyEd and Bezer are now going to work evenings to get the car race modified - new coil-overs, brakes and stiffening rails.  If there are evening volunteers that would also be useful.

Flipper and Jeremy pretending they dropped it in without a crane!

Engine in and running

Roll bar fitted

Ed's bucket seat - it was actually a bucket!

Facial Hair Optional

Well done lads, sorry I didn't make it in the end  :(

It is looking very, very good though guys for sure  :) :) 8) 8)

Gary RH7

Looking good and well done guys.
Sorry I wasn't there to help. I was not in a fit state to drive after my wife's 40th birthday party last night :-[ :-[ :-X Getting too old :-[

Moleman