News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Evans waterless

Started by benchmark51, 25, March, 2016, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benchmark51

Came upon this on another forum that made interesting reading. Was suprised to read that this product is banned from use on race tracks. Wether that includes British tracks I don't know.

http://www.norosion.com/evanstest.htm

Iancider

Well, I am a great fan of it and this article is clearly knocking copy by an American rival.  It seems very scientific but some of it is complete tosh.  For instance is you add water to it it become glycolic acid.  Water can never turn anything neutral into an acid.  Even if you have water in the coolant it delightfully evaporates when the engine comes up to temperature. 

It is true if this stuff spills on tarmac racetracks it is going to be slippery but not as slippery as oil - which happens regularly.  As far as I am aware oil has not been banned from racing engines yet.

If this article is true and this pseudo science is valid then fighting fires with hot water will make the fire worse and pulling you hair up will make you three pounds lighter.   ;)