+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Saab

Started by Parks, 28, March, 2016, 08:50:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parks

I've decided the 2.0 Pinto in my Fury needs to become either a 2.0 or the 2.3 Saab hot aero engine. Missed out on the 2.3 whole car last night which went for £183.   Thought I had it and someone got me in the last 2 seconds...Have a trip planned for May with SKCC to Switzerland so will see how the Pinto performs then maybe end of this season the Saab transplant will be a go.   Anyone have thoughts or experience

sanzomat

A friend had a 9-5 with the 2.3 high output turbo a few years ago (when 05 reg was brand new). It went like sh1t off a shiny shovel and that was in a big heavy car so in a 7 (or Fury) it ought to be a great set up. IIRC it had a twin scroll turbo so gave reasonable boost low down but really packed it in when it had some revs on. Good luck with the conversion and keep us up to date.

benchmark51

Parks

To have the engine Bench or the whole car....engines are very tuneable..you can get that to close to 300 with just an engine remap

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Parks on 28, March, 2016, 06:20:34 PM
To have the engine Bench or the whole car....engines are very tuneable..you can get that to close to 300 with just an engine remap

Yes, are you going to stick that lump in Ratbag Dave?  8) 8)

benchmark51

No, it's an effective engine, but big and heavy too. Besides it's a too nice to break. It's a problem I'm getting with st170's, keep finding nice cars not breakers.

Facial Hair Optional

A young mate of mine has an ST170 and everytime I get in it I think the same thing - 'this is nice!' I think many of them will have been well cared for and hence not breakers. I guess you'll need one that's been crashed really?

Parks

Lots of Saabs about...

damouk

benchmark51

I was mooching about on locoster's forum and the Lexus V8 was being discussed. Smaller, lighter and lots more power than Rover V8. Preference given to the LS400 rather than the LS430 for strength reasons. Plenty about too.

Parks

Bought a 1999 Saab 9-3 Convertable..   2.0t   so its just a 154bhp It has the 204 engine which is apperently has stronger internals so no mods needed until at least 300bhp   .  a quick remap brings it to 225 bhp. which is more than enough (for now) so maybe in a few months (after the summer or if anything happens to the Pinto) I will get this started. Help and advice always welcome!   

benchmark51

If you go the Saab route and need any odds and sods, there is a Saab breaker in Clothier rd, Brislington. Simply Saab, they are online too.

Parks

Cheers...I'm sure I'll be useing them.