News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Finishing my dads Robin hood 2B

Started by Nutt, 14, June, 2016, 03:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nutt

Hi folks,

Firstly, hello from me, good forum you have here, Im going to dig in and have a read though some older posts when I have more time :)

My father has a robin hood 2B with a 2L pinto which he worked on years ago, and had pretty close to completion but lost interest / time to finish.

Id say its about 90% done, but he's worried about the finishing touches and final test, I could help him to some extent, but family / job commitments mean I can only help so much.

He would really like someone / a company which people have experience with, that's a bit more local than those Ive found with a quick google search to take a look.

Here are  some ( lots!) of pictures if anyone wants to take a look at how far we have got with it, or discuss finishing it :D

https://www.flickr.com/gp/142567904@N03/p0aZpn

Thanks for any advice!

Vindicator

Welcome...it's a friendly crowd on here so I'm sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction. ....Ian

Iancider

Welcome,

It looks like about 90% done to the point where only 30% of the work remains.  They tend to take longer than you expect.  You will have to put it through an Individual Vehicle Assessment test to get it approved for road use £450 and that does make people sweat a bit.  To pass you will need to add a Catalytic converter now but they can be added as in-line components in the exhaust.  There is a comprehensive guide to passing the IVA and you will need to read it.  It looks really onerous but it is not too difficult if you understand it is about obvious stuff like the effectiveness of lights, visibility of indicators and safety radii all over the place.  If you don't have a rear fog light or reversing light they now have to be added and the fog light should only light when the headlights are on.  If you fail the test, unless you have done something seriously dangerous they will give you a list of the defects to correct and you get a re-test of the bits that failed only for a nominal re-test fee.  If it is a big fail then you have to go through the whole thing at full cost all over again.  So watch out for the safety critical tests like brakes and fuel management. Come along to Castle Combe on the 25th and we can talk you through it and you will get to see plenty of built cars.

Good luck - plenty more advice here.  P.S. your driver is so Cute!

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-approval/individual-vehicle-approval-manuals

Facial Hair Optional

Couple of quick questions... Where are you and the car based? And are you related to Geoff/Jeff Nutt (bodybuilder/personal trainer) at all?

Nutt

Thanks very much guys,

Haha, thanks I think Scarlett will def enjoy being a passenger if we can get it done!

Sounds like maybe it is worth cracking on with it and giving it a shot....

WE are based in Filton , Bristol, No relation to a Jeff Nutt that I am aware of ( although I think Ive been asked that before :D)