News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

HSU 310A, any one own this?

Started by fullpint, 15, June, 2016, 08:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullpint

Cant seem to upload any photos!! Its a dark blue AC Cobra rep, TVR chassis and a 351 lump. It was based in Frome so kind of hoping someone on here may know the old owner so I can get in touch..
Long shot  know..

Facial Hair Optional

Have you got a URL link to it Steve??

Facial Hair Optional

Fresh on ebay....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ac-cobra-427-/131847998012?hash=item1eb2c0ca3c:g:WG8AAOSw-4BXYGrJ

I know nowt about Cobras though, only that there are lots of different makes and they vary in quality a lot. There is obviously some sort of heirachy in the Cobra world (as there is in the 7 world)

fullpint

URL?? Will email the pic if I can haha

fullpint

Vindicator

Looks impressive.....can't find any info. that would help from a general look round the web. It's registered as a TVR...off the road from 2007 to 2011 when it was MOT'd with a fair number of fail items. Re-MOT'd a week later and passed.....Ian

Reason(s) for failure
Steering column top mounting bracket insecure (2.1.2d)
Brake pedal anti-slip provision missing (3.3.A.1b)
Emissions not tested (7.0)
Nearside Headlamp aim too low
Offside Headlamp aim too low
Fuel system component insecure (7.2.1)
Nearside Track rod end ball joint has excessive play (2.2.B.1f)
Nearside Rear rear brake binding (3.7.B.1)
Offside Rear rear brake binding (3.7.B.1)
Exhaust has a part missing (7.1.1a)
Drivers seat cannot be secured in the upright position. (6.2.A.2)
Nearside rear parking brake recording little or no effort (3.7.B.6a)
Nearside Rear rear brake recording little or no effort (3.7.B.5a)
Offside Rear rear brake recording little or no effort (3.7.B.5a)

It's currently out of MOT and failed last week:

Reason(s) for failure
Exhaust emissions carbon monoxide content excessive (7.3.B.1a)
Rear fog lamp switch missing (1.3.1a)
Rear fog lamp missing (1.3.2a)
nearside Front suspension has excessive play in a upper suspension ball joint (2.5.B.1a)

fullpint

Wow how did you find that out Ian.. I know its down as a TVR, chassis used for the build hence the reg number. Failed MOT but currently being repaired so a new ticket will be issued. The TVR was in an accident so on the V5 it is down as a cat C. I was hoping he has build info so then its easier to source parts that require replacing. Kind of helps if you know what was used to build the thing :) :)

benchmark51

Vindicator

Quote from: fullpint on 15, June, 2016, 05:31:59 PM
Wow how did you find that out Ian.. I know its down as a TVR, chassis used for the build hence the reg number.

You can get the MOT history on the DVLA website. It also hasn't been taxed since last year (not on sorn)...... One thing the TVR chassis is known for is rust....there was a good Wheeler Dealer episode that looked at a TVR ...which may be useful to find on YouTube....Ian

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: fullpint on 15, June, 2016, 05:31:59 PM
Wow how did you find that out Ian..

Simples Steve.. https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

You must have missed my thread on that a while back then? ha ha ha!!  :P :P

Vindicator

There's also a Wheeler Dealer Cobra episode...a taster:

Vindicator

How did you get on with this Steve, or are you back with the BECs?   Ian

fullpint

Still sitting on the fence Ian haha.. Cobra will have a fresh MOT on it next week. I can have it for less than £13K .. But I have been sent a few details of BEC's by Steve and I must say a couple of them are rather tasty :)
Combe is this Saturday so I may pop along to see whats up for grabs :) :)
One thing I must take into account is my old stiff joints!!! Getting in and out of a 7 style BEC with a full cage could be tricky.. With the Cobra its a case of open the door LOL

Vindicator

Quote from: fullpint on 23, June, 2016, 08:31:59 PM
Still sitting on the fence Ian haha.. Cobra will have a fresh MOT on it next week. I can have it for less than £13K .. But I have been sent a few details of BEC's by Steve and I must say a couple of them are rather tasty :)
Combe is this Saturday so I may pop along to see whats up for grabs :) :)
One thing I must take into account is my old stiff joints!!! Getting in and out of a 7 style BEC with a full cage could be tricky.. With the Cobra its a case of open the door LOL

Saw some of the MACs Steve had found...look good. ;£13k doesn't sound bad for a Cobra version if it's all up together. May see you on Saturday...Ian

Facial Hair Optional

fullpint

Lots of Steve's.. Think we need a Steve Combe Day hahaha.. Ian; Cobra does seem far to cheap.. I have been offered it by one of my customers who is a dealer so its at trade price. In fact the same price he paid for it from the previous owner!!!