+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Watch This Space..

Started by fullpint, 02, July, 2016, 09:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullpint

Well after selling my beloved Mk Fireblade  I will be back on the scene with a replacement kitcar :)
Having given it a lot of thought I will be sticking with a BEC.. Big thanks to Steve for sending me a link or two on cars up for sale.. Time will tell if this car is for me. Never seen one up front before and I wont be seeing this one until the day it is delivered to my home.
Fingers crossed it will be in my hands a week on Monday.. :) :)

Vindicator

What's it going to be? Or do we have to trawl through FHOs posts for clues? :o

benchmark51

Aw, that's just cruel. All us BKCC members jumping up and down wanting to know. Some how I expect you are gonna tell us with pictures?

fullpint

Pictures and spec will follow once its in my hands.
And pictures will be prior to any thing being powder coated in a selection of colours hahahaha...
It was a factory build and used as there demo car so hopefully a little extra care may have been taken in the build :)

fullpint

You can trawl thru FHO's post but nothing will be found hehehehe..
Quote from: Vindicator on 02, July, 2016, 09:23:33 AM

'The Gaffer'

Fair play for staying with a BEC mate. Is it a quick one?

fullpint

Wont know until I have driven yet!! Should be in-line with my old Mk, may be a little quicker..
I know it wont be to every ones liking but that's to be expected :) Not even 100% sure if I do hahaha..

'The Gaffer'

benchmark51

Quote from: fullpint on 02, July, 2016, 11:33:23 AM
Wont know until I have driven yet!! Should be in-line with my old Mk, may be a little quicker..
I know it wont be to every ones liking but that's to be expected :) Not even 100% sure if I do hahaha..

Hmmm, haven't seen it, driven it......... do you know what it is? Or have you just bought a lucky bag ;D

fullpint

Oh yes, Ive done all the things you should not do!! Was the same with the Mk Indy when I got that.. :)

benchmark51

Know what you mean, did that when I bought the tranny. Had it 2 years now and no problem as yet. Got nearly £500 back selling the seats and wheelchair lift and then it turned out to be free road tax. ;D ;D

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: fullpint on 02, July, 2016, 09:02:43 AM
Big thanks to Steve for sending me a link or two on cars up for sale..
Very welcome mate and my lips are sealed!  ;) ;)

Facial Hair Optional

There are no clues there I'm afraid Ian!  ;D

Vindicator

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 02, July, 2016, 07:24:13 PM
There are no clues there I'm afraid Ian!  ;D

:(

Facial Hair Optional

The twists and turns of this saga are incredible  :o :o

Yeah I know, what a tease   :P :P

fullpint

Oh yes, I can second that one hehe.. Some cars come with history. This one has (or had) very little but with the help from FHO I'm starting to gather a little of the past history now and its interesting to say the least :)

Facial Hair Optional

I can't wait for the 'big reveal' Steve!!!  :o :o :D :D 8) 8)

benchmark51

Not another 'Landy' is it? ;D

fullpint

Vindicator

So which kit car do we know that's been up for sale recently that's factory built, used as a demo, a BEC, with an interesting history that is known by FHO, and presumably too far away to see/test drive and will showcase the art of multi colour powder coating......hmmmmmm ::)

Facial Hair Optional

Curiouser and curiouser   :P :P

This is not easy!!  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

sanzomat

Surely the only car you would dare to buy sight unseen would be Asbo 2?

Vindicator

Quote from: sanzomat on 03, July, 2016, 09:37:49 PM

Except Asbo 2 is still for sale....... And it's yellow so that won't float FHOs boat...

Vindicator

But where is the WR4 these days?

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: sanzomat on 03, July, 2016, 09:37:49 PM
Or ASBO1?  :o
Quote from: Vindicator on 03, July, 2016, 09:55:11 PM
Except Asbo 2 is still for sale....... And it's yellow so that won't float FHOs boat...
;D ;D

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Vindicator on 03, July, 2016, 09:56:50 PM
Not 100% sure but I think it failed to progress due to lack of funding maybe? I seem to recall reading something about it being shelved anyway.

Vindicator

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 03, July, 2016, 11:13:14 PM
Quote from: Vindicator on 03, July, 2016, 09:56:50 PM
Not 100% sure but I think it failed to progress due to lack of funding maybe? I seem to recall reading something about it being shelved anyway.

But one escaped and I believe is out there somewhere :)

Facial Hair Optional

Oh I see what you mean Ian. Well it could be anywhere I guess but we never seem to encounter it do we. It will no doubt surface one day as one of those weird 'barn finds' that have never seen a barn in their lives!!  ;D

fullpint

But I do love YELLOW cars :) After all my old Mk was yellow... I did think about ASBO-2..... Garage is not big enough to house the spare 2 sets of wheels!!!hahaha

Facial Hair Optional

Same problem here mate, I have to keep them elsewhere!

Vindicator

Vindicator

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Vindicator on 07, July, 2016, 08:31:14 PM
Solved the riddle  8)       This is an awesome BEC, and a truly scary drive  :o

This is the car, isn't it? Fits all the clues:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CBR-400RR-NC23-Bike-engined-Shoprider-Sovereign-mobility-scooter-project-/272289479930?hash=item3f65b7bcfa%3Ag%3A7KAAAOSwhOVXcn%7Ez&nma=true&si=w9YY868jekVW04JQyCy3Z%252B0NVaA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Forget a bike engine, how about an over-clocked 60 volt mobility scooter 8) Not quite as exciting as a BEC but what a laugh!! Not sure it fits the bill though :D

fullpint

Love then.. Well it should be on its way down around 830 this morning :) Wont arrive here tho till the morning!!

Vindicator

Quote from: fullpint on 08, July, 2016, 05:44:30 AM
Love then.. Well it should be on its way down around 830 this morning :) Wont arrive here tho till the morning!!

Hope it lives up to your expectations Steve.......If it's anything like the last one it'll be impressive :)

Facial Hair Optional

I just can't wait to see it mate.... and everyone's faces too!  :P

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 08, July, 2016, 08:01:58 PM
I just can't wait to see it mate.... and everyone's faces too!  :P

You tease you :P ;D

jmad

Quote from: fullpint on 08, July, 2016, 05:44:30 AM
I think FHO might have given away a clue as to the new car.  I won't say what but he may have slipped up on another well know motoring forum ;D ;D

Do I win a prize, or do I just look like an FHO stalker ??? ???

fullpint

May be we have time for a quick poll before its arrives :) Due some time this morning :)

YellaBelly

Hi Steve, just found your post after a while away and I too am looking forward to the big reveal! As long as you keep the benneton theme it'll be fine 😉 After all, that was the trademark 🙂.

Still missing my old jalopy, and often wonder what Chris did with it .....

JB