+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Tracker warning

Started by benchmark51, 10, August, 2016, 10:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benchmark51

I read this on Facebook and thought it worthwhile passing on.....

Homemade trackers found on cars after Sundays Ford Fair Silverstone - if this is going on over in England have a wee look under your car on the way home from shows..... you just never know .... I believe the police are now being involved and a return trace may be taking place so hopefully the people will be caught. Pictures of the device that was found,

'The Gaffer'

Interesting but I think its a hoax.

Why? For starters the circuit board with the so call magnets on wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding. Someone would need some pretty chunky 'Rare Earth' or similar to clamp to a car body and withstand bumps. And secondly, I think someone might have used a quality battery such as a Duracell rather than a cheap 'Golden Power' Not to mention, most of these cheap GSM devices have built in batteries. Also if someone was carrying a bag full of these at a show, each one would have to have a physical identifier otherwise no one would know which tracker was on which car and I see no markings. I'm assuming these devices only phone home to one number, so someone would need a bag full of mobile phones to track the target vehicles.

Maybe I'm wrong. Nice idea though.

benchmark51

Could be a hoax, which is a shame as I could have got one for the mother in law! ;D ;D

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: benchmark51 on 11, August, 2016, 11:20:41 AM
Could be a hoax, which is a shame as I could have got one for the mother in law! ;D ;D

Haha, sweet ;D

You have PM.