Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

And another thing - carpets ?

Started by Murdoch, 28, November, 2009, 05:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murdoch

OK, OK, one more question and thats it for now
Tried cleaning the carpets of my recently purchased Merlin, and there is little left of them now (maybe I shouldnt have used the power hose on them)
Never mind.
So, have all the templates, wondered if I could make my own set from a normal roll of carpet. Thing is, the original seems to have lots of nice dark blue edging - any idea how to do this - again either DIY or company
Cheers for  now,
Steve

gingerpaul

You'll need a pretty industrial sewing machine to get the edging right. Your best bet is to get some made by a pro I'm afraid. I'd order the carpet from a trimmer, cut it to the sizes you want and then get them to put the edging on for you.

Murdoch

Thanks GP. Think Bri and I can cut it all to size no problem, does anyone know companys who would do the edges ?
Cheers  :D

Dixie

Quote from: Murdoch on 29, November, 2009, 06:32:52 PM
Thanks GP. Think Bri and I can cut it all to size no problem, does anyone know companys who would do the edges ?
Cheers  :D

Steve Cocoran on Marston Trading est in Frome.

Bulldog Bri

Dixie

Quote from: Dixie on 29, November, 2009, 10:14:03 PM
Nice one Mark. Thanks  ;D

8)
If you do 118118, it is under Kevin.  Steve is a partner.

http://www.carpetsfrome.co.uk/

Bri, I am edging my own carpets.  Got some Black PVC from the fabric shop in Frome.  Cut into strips and used my wife's sewing machine to stitch in place.  Then turn over and glued to the back of the carpet.  Her domestic machine coped easiely with the cheap cord type carpet I brought from Corcoran's.  The reason why I got cheap carpet is just incase it gets wet, it's easy and cheap to replace.

YellaBelly

Just an idea but, would edge trim work? Like the stuff you edge aluminium sheet with etc.

JB

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: YellaBelly on 30, November, 2009, 09:46:57 AM
Just an idea but, would edge trim work? Like the stuff you edge aluminium sheet with etc.

JB

Good idea that man :)