News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

People who use fog lights in the rain!!

Started by 'The Gaffer', 29, December, 2009, 06:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

What is it with idiots who use foglights in the rain? >:(

It was bad enough having to spend 4 hours driving on motorways in the pouring rain today without ignorant numbskulls dazzeling me with their foglights.

FOG LIGHTS ARE FOR USE IN FOG - THATS 'FOG' - NOT 'RAIN'

Hairy Santa

Quote from: G & Toniq on 29, December, 2009, 06:05:04 PM
What is it with idiots who use foglights in the rain? >:(

It was bad enough having to spend 4 hours driving on motorways in the pouring rain today without ignorant numbskulls dazzeling me with their foglights.

FOG LIGHTS ARE FOR USE IN FOG - THATS 'FOG' - NOT 'RAIN'

Ah well,  they probably went to Specsavers for their GLASSES - what else can you expect

Richard

A very annoying thing and it seems given the late night motorway driving to be quite common even in no rain for rear fogs to be on and driving down the middle of an empty Motorway.

Bulldog Bri

What it gennerally comes down to is that they could have been driving in a little bit of mist earlier in the day and forgot to turn them off when it cleared. so next time they use their lights, on come the fogs again  >:(

With the Renault I drive the fog light are forced to turn off with the swicthing off of the side lights so you need to physically turn them on each time you drive. But it just goes to show how little people pay attention to wawrning lights on their dash boards.

8)

YellaBelly

Not as bad as those 'self-levelling' HV lights on the new cars  >:( shame the self-levellers can't keep up with the potholes! I can see more when soemone comes at me with 'old school' headlights on main than with those damn things flashing all the colours under the sun!

OK, rant over :)

Bulldog Bri

Yeah, I've flashed back (with my lights, Santa  ::) ) only to be blinded even more by those things  >:( and thats while driving the truck as well, some do seem set way to high.

8)

paintman

My bro-in-law was being severely dazzled the other night by some "idiot behind".   He moved his interior mirror but was still dazzled from his wing mirrors!

He became very agitated but was stopped in full curse-flow by blue flashing lights and a siren! :-X

After pulling over, he was asked why he was weaving from one side of the road to the other by the patrol driver.  He explained that he was being dazzled by the "idiot behind" on full beam or badly adjusted lights.

The policeman took umbrage at this remark explaining that he was not on head lights and the police car was in fact less than a week old and did not require maintenance yet!

He was let off and went on his way.

As we all know the police are always right, aren't they........... :P :P