+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Picture Tagging

Started by Richard, 23, June, 2009, 01:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

I've been organising some items elsewhere and have been finding Tagging quite handy.

Is there a way we could perhaps tag the photos or even forum topics with keywords e.g. A picture in one gallery might be of a MK Indy exhaust so if it gets that as one of its tags then in future if anyone is ever searching for examples they can cross gallery search.

If this feature is already there beyond search I missed it.

'The Gaffer'

Not sure I fully understand tagging but there is a search facility in 2 places on the forum and on the home page.

Only members can search the gallery, but between the 2 you should be able to find somthing.

I always try and tell people to use imaginative titles when posting, espicially pictures, because who is going to search for DSC124578 when actually the picture might just be an MK Indy exhaust.

Using correct keywords, helps drive traffic to the site too.

Richard

There is a tagging field in picture edit, did find it eventually.
It should in theory make finding things much easier.

I was just thinking it would be easier if I do it as I go so that if at some point in future someone is searching the basic data is there.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Richard on 26, June, 2009, 10:53:36 PM
There is a tagging field in picture edit, did find it eventually.
It should in theory make finding things much easier.

I was just thinking it would be easier if I do it as I go so that if at some point in future someone is searching the basic data is there.

Do you mean the keywords field in edit?

I am of the old school alt tags, same sort of thing just diff name. You cant beat a good title and description, tags are the icing on the cake.