+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Club Announcement - Please read

Started by 'The Gaffer', 07, April, 2013, 12:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

No it's nothing bad :) .... In fact the good news is that Moleman (Colin) has opted to become our new Events Coordinator.

In Colins words: "I'm happy to co-ordinate things, or if people want to co-ordinate themselves and want my help, I'm more than happy to give, anything to get more things happening".

Well done Colin for taking on this position and I'm sure you all will welcome him with open arms and support him as much as you can in what can sometimes be a difficult role.

Motorsports and trackdays are still being organised by KrazyKen.

Hairy Santa

Moleman

Please feel free to put any suggestions on the forum or if you rather you can email or personal message me with any idea's or events you have in mind, big or small anything you think might be would worth doing.  :D

Bulldog Bri

Well done Colin. Hope we have some good weather this year for plenty of run outs.

8)

dave_bence

Indeed, well done Colin and thank you ;D

Krazyken

Well done Colin. ;)

Having organised many events over the years I know that you can never please all of the people all of the time, but without some members standing up to the plate, nothing will ever get done.

Please can everyone support Colin as it can be tough, especially as he will be giving up his valuable free time to organise events for the enjoyment of us all.

Moleman

Thanks for the support guys. Hopefully the weather will pay a good part in helping people wanting to commit.  :D

paintman

YellaBelly

Nice one Colin! ;)

Let's hope the weather is kind and the cars stay serviceable :D

Sprint 7

Thanks Colin.Organising any more than 4/5 people can be a nightmare I know.Have run bands for years and I can appreciate  the hassle often involved. On the note of events, Frenchay village community have an annual flower show (no I dont do arranging in my spare time ---Honest) and running alongside it at the museum carpark just inside the hospital grounds,there is a car /motorcycle show.Some members have attended before now, as I've seen a few kits there in recent years.Held in late June I think.Maybe a good venue for a BKCC turnout? 8)

Moleman

Ok I will see what I can find out. Thanks for the heads up.  :)

Im also looking into doing some summer runs out maybe on sunday morning's - afternoon's. where we could go out in convoy on a nice drive along some scenic routes where we end up at a cafe for a coffee & cake or evening a pie & pint what ever takes your fancy.
We could start of on short runs then see how that goes before trying anywhere to far.
I'm thinking maybe Tintern next to the abby as there is some nice cafe's there with good parking & some of our members from Wales may like to join us.
Or Forest of Dean but i don't know of any good spots to stop there?

I'm open to as many surggestions as you guys can come up with so don't be shy to pm me or just stick it on the forum.

I've even spoke to someone from Ashton court estate & depending on red tape they might let us park infront of the house after a little run out somewhere. (I've told them we have a hairy santa that really likes cafe's so that should cover their costs).  :P 

Let me know if you guys would be interested in something like this? As well as any car shows etc that you hear about.  :D

'The Gaffer'

Ashton Court would be good for a photo shoot

foggy

Ashton  court sounds good and a run out on weekends  I'm up for that  I have to work every other weekend  but would try and attend as many as I could

Hairy Santa

did someone mention a cafe

I'm up for that  :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ::) :P

Grin-a-lot

I do a lot of mountain biking in the Forest of Dean so I'll have a think about where we could go - there are some lovely roads though...!

Moleman

Aston court are looking into it for me but seem ok about it. They did start by saying about a charge until i expained it's not a corporate event & just a club on a run out. They replied by saying that should be ok then, but watch this space. 
Just got to see what sort of red tape we have to get through. But like Phil said it would be a good opportunity for some photo's.  :)
If I get the go ahead then we will need to see if we want to do a run out before or after we go there? or just stay there for coffee & cake for afew hours? What ever we deside we will prob have to turn up & leave together as they are not keen on alot of comings & goings on site.

If anyone else is interested in some runs out like the forest of dean then any info you can give me will be great.  :)

Also North, East, South or west. surggestions are very welcome.  :)