+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

New site

Started by 'The Gaffer', 23, July, 2013, 12:43:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Hello dear forum friends, as you may know, we have been suffering a few problems with our site over the last few months, so I have been burning the midnight oil trying to make the site more secure and simple to navigate.

There will be further additions as the site evolves in it's new look but as for now I want to test its functionality and security but still keep the forum running.

Hope you like it..

paintman

I like it Phil, nice, clear and bright.......thank you for all your effort. ;) 8)

Tony

fullpint

Wow that woke me up first thing this morning..
Nice one Phil. I like it so far..

SPAXIMUS

Looks very good Phil. Nice and bright with easy navigation, apreciate your work.

YellaBelly

Like it Phil! Love the new title, very swish! :) :D

Thanks for your efforts. ;)

WALNUT

The site is fine, but then I thought it was good before, And have we lost our members cars page, or will that follow later.
                           WALLNUT

'The Gaffer'

Thanks so far :)

Quote from: WALLNUT on 23, July, 2013, 10:24:14 AM
The site is fine, but then I thought it was good before, And have we lost our members cars page, or will that follow later.
                           WALLNUT

Looks can be deceiving, its the software that runs the site that has changed. As far as the members cars section, no one bothered to update it during the last two years so I am trying to simplify the site and cit out parts that were not being used but still needed hours of unnecessary maintenance and security. I will be incorporating a simple gallery though at some point.

Bulldog Bri

Very clean looking, :D Though I did prefer the original club banner across the top :-[ especially that I still have club stickers of that design ::) Lol

Great work all the same Phil.

Thanks Bri

8)

Daley Down Under

Great job Phil - now it looks the same as the Aussie Moke forum (www.mokesinc.org).  Much easier on the 50+ eyes.

Cheers Adrian

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 23, July, 2013, 10:51:28 AM
Very clean looking, :D Though I did prefer the original club banner across the top :-[ especially that I still have club stickers of that design ::) Lol

Great work all the same Phil.

Thanks Bri

8)

Point taken Bri. Nothing is set in stone but the colours just didn't work. I will be trying a few things over the coming weeks. Not really sure about the current title anyway.

I welcome any suggestions as to what anybody wants on the site.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: MarlboroCar on 23, July, 2013, 10:58:03 AM

Great job Phil - now it looks the same as the Aussie Moke forum (www.mokesinc.org).  Much easier on the 50+ eyes.

Cheers Adrian

Thanks Adrian. Yes they are using the same platform and default theme. Don't get confused now :D

Grin-a-lot

I like it too - seems to load on my iPhone over 3G quicker than the previous version as well.

If we've not been keeping the members cars bit up to date then that's down to all of us but I think it's be nice if it was reinvigorated.  Santa would need a page all of his own  ;D

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Grin-a-lot on 23, July, 2013, 01:30:57 PM
I like it too - seems to load on my iPhone over 3G quicker than the previous version as well.

If we've not been keeping the members cars bit up to date then that's down to all of us but I think it's be nice if it was reinvigorated.  Santa would need a page all of his own  ;D

Thanks, Yes it should load faster :)

Ok I will try to get our members cars section back up, but as you say people need to use it or it is wasted bandwidth.

YZFMINI

Looks good phill.
But I did think someone had messed around with my computer to start with..
Keeep up the good work phill we would not be here without you..
Colin

garry h

Hi Phil as fullprint said it certainly made me look twice when logging on tonight. Looks like you have been working really hard and the results show that.

Thanks Garry. :) :)

Moleman

It did catch me by surprise!  :o Looks good though mate.  :)

YellaBelly

Just my 2p worth phil, I liked the 3D Chrome look you had on this morning's title :D

Jagodo

I quite liked the old black site, it was a bit different, but this is easier to use - I never could remember what the buttons did! And if it makes it easier to support then that has got to be a good thing.
I posted a few pictures of my cars when I joined the club but I don't think that many other people did that.

Hairy Santa

Thanks for all the hard work Phil, hard for me to comment on it as I didn't fully understand how it all works anyway

certainly looks the DB's from what I've seen so far

would it be possible to have a section just devoted to where to get good breakfasts  ;D - just a thought - he he

fullpint

Quote from: Jagodo on 23, July, 2013, 10:49:18 PM
I quite liked the old black site, it was a bit different, but this is easier to use - I never could remember what the buttons did! And if it makes it easier to support then that has got to be a good thing.
I posted a few pictures of my cars when I joined the club but I don't think that many other people did that.
I never knew we had a section for that :(.. Guess I missed it or was not paying full attention to what the site offered..

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: fullpint on 24, July, 2013, 04:56:55 PM
I never knew we had a section for that :(.. Guess I missed it or was not paying full attention to what the site offered..

That is one of the main reasons for downsizing, the old site had so many features that simply were not used.

'The Gaffer'

One result of the change is that all the pictures in the old gallery are no longer linked to threads. That will not effect those that used the add picture to post feature, more those that linked to the gallery. I still have all the pictures that were loaded to the old gallery so if you need them you can have them.

The new much simpler gallery is now open but has only two categories. 1. Members cars 2. Event and meet pics. You can start uploading your own pics to members cars right away, just one please. Events can be added too and I will categorise them. For those that are not so PC minded let me know by PM and I will upload your pics. 

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 24, July, 2013, 09:37:14 AM
would it be possible to have a section just devoted to where to get good breakfasts  ;D - just a thought - he he

Food in general is a good thing. I will start a thread were members can post their favourite restaurants and take aways.

alastair

Wow, i didnt expect this. I thought id logged in to the wrong site. Looks good though. It's much brighter and fresher. Good job!! :D

'The Gaffer'

Cheers everyone :)

If anyone wants any features added, let me know, but the idea is to keep everything as simple as possible.

Camber Dave

Wow Phil

Thanks for sorting my log in problem during a busy time.

And a bonus of a really clean, fresh look to come back to.

I like it. Keep up the good work.

benchmark51

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 24, July, 2013, 10:02:00 PM
Cheers everyone :)

If anyone wants any features added, let me know, but the idea is to keep everything as simple as possible.

Oh goody does that mean we can have a page 3 blonde?

foggy

Iancider

Phil

As a newbie I have been distracted - building!  Pleasant surprise on my return.  It looks good and feels instinctive to use.

Soon I hope to do my bit and become a more active member to repay your investment.

I had hoped that my car was going to take-over my life but it has been more of a case that my life has overtaken the car! :o

Hope to become active again soon and look forward to meeting the members as well ;D

Thanks
Ian

'The Gaffer'

Thanks again folks, the site seems to be behaving itself too, fingers crossed.

Page 3, now theres a thought, not sure the ladies would like it much though ;D

Ian, theres more to life than a car, dont worry about it, we will see you when ever you are ready.

Lucky Ed

Looking good Phil. I've just got back from a motorcycle tour in France and the new site came as a bit of a surprise 8)

Sprint 7

I meant to comment on the new look site but have been busy with weddings and stuff. A really good job Phil well done and a big thanks you from all of the members of BKCC is in order I think.
;) ;D 8) :P .