+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Up-Loading to Gallery

Started by 'Mendip Wurzel', 29, July, 2013, 06:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Mendip Wurzel'

How do you upload images to the Gallery?

Thanks

fullpint

Phil may be working on the site in the back-ground!!
Can't seem to find my photo album either!! But that could just be me  ;D

'The Gaffer'

Ok the new gallery is ready to use.

All the old galleries are history I'm afraid due to additional storage that really was not being utilised. The forum stats showed that the old galleries were not being used that much.

I still have all the old pictures should anybody need them back.

The new galleries are designed to be simple, I have assigned 2. One is for members cars, the other is for events.

To use open the gallery, choose Add Picture, this opens a new screen. Fill in title. Chose which category you would like out of the 2 in the drop down list. (IGNORE ADD IMAGE TO POST) then fill in Description. Next, if you would like Google to find your pic add Keywords separated by commas i.e westfield, kitcar, trackday, Next Upload picture using the Choose File button. This will allow you to find a pic on your PC or Mac that you would like to upload. Double click the pic and the file name will appear next to The Choose File. Finally click the Add Picture button below and hey Presto your pic is uploaded.

I think that we only need one pic of our cars in the members cars section. But you can change it as much as you like.

As for events, just try not to upload similar pics from the same event as other people.

Hopefully it should be straight forward and a lot more simple than before. Any probs just let me know.

fullpint

:( Tried a few times now. Finally worked it out only then to be told 'mine's too big'  :D :D :D :D
Need to resize my photos?? Time for a goggle search..

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: fullpint on 30, July, 2013, 05:26:51 PM
:( Tried a few times now. Finally worked it out only then to be told 'mine's too big'  :D :D :D :D
Need to resize my photos?? Time for a goggle search..

It must be massive mate. I have allowed for 2500 x 2500 pixel size. There are plenty of free online re-sizers.

YellaBelly

Steve, if you're running Windows and Microsoft Office, then you can use Microsoft Office Picture Manager. Just open the picture, select 'Edit pictures', 'Resize' and then select the percentage of the picture reduction and select OK and 'save as' if you don't want to overwrite the original. I usually use about 30% for forum piccies.

HTH mate :D

Edit:  If you don't have Microsoft Office then I've just had a look on Google and I think you can download the picture manager for free anyway ;)

fullpint

;D Ok managed to resize!!!! Whoops I do have big ones..
Re-sized to 2500x2500 and its massive. Will try to redo it late Phil. Its fine if people are looking at it down a 52" screen  :D :D :D