+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

New. Banner advertising on our site

Started by 'The Gaffer', 06, February, 2014, 12:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Over the next few weeks you will see some new banner advertising on various parts of the site. The forum has been pretty much advertising free since 2009 but now the time has come to step in line with everyone else and offer space to advertise with us.

Don't worry, the advertising will be relevant and hopefully useful to you as members and will not be banging and flashing everywhere you look.

The cost of running this site has increased considerably over the years and is about to move up into the next band of disk space on the server, this does not come cheap.

I thank all that have donated to the club and it has been due to those donations that the club has just about survived, but most of that will be swallowed up in the next space upgrade. Please still free to donate, it all helps, plus donating 'Supporting Members' can still take advantage of discounts we have negotiated .

If you have a company that can offer a service to our members I am happy to put an ad up for you at a vastly discounted rate. Don't forget, the site is not seen by just our members but by over 14,000 users a month, 8,000 of those being unique first time visitors culminating in over 120,000 page views. All with an interest in cars.

Moleman

Does this mean we can get a new sign now? once the new logo is sorted?  ;D

Bulldog Bri

Any news/thoughts on regalia yet? I know Phil had a beany hat with the logo on it. ::)

Sweat shirts, Tee shirts etc

8)

chrislandy

While I don't mind a bit of advertising that does not detract from the thread/site, 3-4 adverts on a page or pretty much every other post is a bit OTT though IMO and amazon valentine adverts are a bit off the kit car market aren't they?

my 2p

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: chrislandy on 07, February, 2014, 01:52:57 PM
While I don't mind a bit of advertising that does not detract from the thread/site, 3-4 adverts on a page or pretty much every other post is a bit OTT though IMO and amazon valentine adverts are a bit off the kit car market aren't they?

my 2p

Just experimenting with placement positions, keep yer hair on!!

Actually, I for one need a reminder sometimes for Valentines day ;)

chrislandy

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 07, February, 2014, 01:58:07 PM

My daughter was born on valentines day so I never need to be reminded!

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: chrislandy on 07, February, 2014, 02:38:14 PM
Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 07, February, 2014, 01:58:07 PM

My daughter was born on valentines day so I never need to be reminded!

Thats a nice reminder.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 07, February, 2014, 10:53:41 AM
Any news/thoughts on regalia yet? I know Phil had a beany hat with the logo on it. ::)

Sweat shirts, Tee shirts etc

8)

Thats something I can look into Bri, any ideas?

Moleman

Car Stickers? Large & small. Though not sure the guy that have them would wan't to peel the old one's off?  ::)
New cards to hand out?
T-shirts might by nice? Though I don't think many will sell?
How about a new Sign?  8) 8) :P :P

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Moleman on 07, February, 2014, 06:38:36 PM
Car Stickers? Large & small. Though not sure the guy that have them would wan't to peel the old one's off?  ::)
New cards to hand out?
T-shirts might by nice? Though I don't think many will sell?
How about a new Sign?  8) 8) :P :P

I've still got loads of the club cards if anyone wants some to hand out. ::) Do think it's about time we had a least some sort of regalia that we could proudly show off at the shows and meetings, even baseball caps. Need to have something other than the stuff I wear in the garage. :P

8)

Iancider

Good point Bri,

At the moment our slogan is "Done that -  haven't got the Tee shirt"

I would be very proud to have the new logo on my chest in time for Stoneleigh..... but I would prefer a T-shirt to a Tatoo!!! ;D

Krazyken

For my sons business we bought 10 good quality Baseball Caps with embroidered logo for about £100 at £10 each.  For a small amount incl. design, embroidery, set up etc. I didn't think that was too bad.  We used Initially Yours in Hambrook.

Lucky Ed

I deal with Krowmark Workwear for my business. Good quality stuff with good discounts for quantity and they throw in proper embroidered logos FOC

Worth a look if the club are thinking of buying any quantity.

Moleman

Bri, I could do with some more cards please mate.  :)

Grin-a-lot

I think baseball caps and beanies are an easy win, most of us have open top cars; for £10 i'd definitely be interested!

The ship I work in at the moment has loads of stuff like that so I can always investigate the supplier too.

garry h

Id like to try see if I can get some interest from some of the car owners on the island so a few cards would be handy.

Bulldog Bri

PM me your address and I'll post some down to you. :P

8)

garry h

hI Brian Ive just sent address let me know if you got it ok.
Thanks Garry.