+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Members map - Please add yourself.

Started by 'The Gaffer', 13, March, 2010, 01:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Sorry, it looks as though Frappr, the suppliers of our old members map have pulled the plug leaving lots of clubs like ours without a map. Sadly all the data is gone too, otherwise I may have been able to transfer.

It looks like we will have to put in info again :(

I have chosen a map system called ZeeMap, it has better mapping than Frapper and a few more features. I will transfer a few names if I get the chance or you can have a go yourselves.

Dont put too much info on your address as the map will pinpoint you to the inch.

You can find the new map in the More section here http://bristolkitcarclub.co.uk/smf2/index.php?action=pages;sa=3

Click the Add button and have a play around. I can always edit mistakes. When I have 5 mins I may add a few of you, so if your name is already there, no need to add again.

I have also added a legend that uses three colours for identifying members build status..

Select marker by name when you add yourself.

The markers can be editied as you progress.

Please note, all other colour markers will not show on the map.

Richard

Tried it but it did not seem to take my submit, perhaps being purple isn't so cool as red  ;)

'Mendip Wurzel'

If you submit and then go back in again your Icon then seem to appear. I sort of had the same problem as Richard.

'The Gaffer'

Its possible you may have to refresh the page to see your marker once submitted?

I didnt have to but hey ho.

Purple is cool Rich and dont let anybody tell you otherwise.

'Mendip Wurzel'

Is there a way of getting this map on the website, other than the link above?

paintman

I like the map, its very interesting to see how far spread we are and also your closest fellow enthusiast.

I think it will be very popular part of the forum and I agree it should have a more prominent position .... can we give it a seperate icon on the home page maybe??

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: MendipWursel on 14, March, 2010, 06:34:04 PM
Is there a way of getting this map on the website, other than the link above?

Yes, just click the 'More' button above (The one with the spanner and screwdriver on it) and you will find it in the list there.

Have a look around the site, you might be surprised at what you find ;)

gingerpaul

I set one up for the Dax club that used Google Maps. People can modify it or they can put up the town nearest to where they live and I update it. It's got at least 50 entries in it now.

Richard

Blimey, what happened to the map ? 

Someone has been busy  ;D

'The Gaffer'

Ok, as you can see I have started adding a few names to the new map.

I dont know locations for some members so please add yourselfs if you are not already on the list.

Click the Add button and have a play around. I can always edit mistakes. When I have 5 mins I may add a few of you, so if your name is already there, no need to add again.

I have also added a legend that uses three colours for identifying members build status..

Select marker by name when you add yourself.

The markers can be editied as you progress.

Please note, all other colour markers will not show on the map.