Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Park meetings.

Started by Bulldog Bri, 26, June, 2009, 08:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog Bri

This is just a very rough idea for the mo,

Based on when I've gone to pubs, parks, shopping. basically when I've parked the car where the public can see my car. I get quite a lot of interest...

maybe we could sometimes have an inpromptue meeting in a park if poss' set up a circle of cars in show style. Start it off as a family day for ourselfs, have a BBQ. Even a game of some kind. If we get it right and enough cars turn up to these, It could lead to a much larger meeting on a more national level, ie 'Kits in the park' (a kit show in Bristol even) if we can find the right venue

Couple of places I've thought of could be...

Ashton Park... near the football ground
St Georges park, st George
Horfield Common, by the TA center
& The large park on Fishponds road near the M32

Views & comments plaese guys

Brian

8)

glosjammer

Surley the downs is the obvious place?

Quote from: bulldog bri on 26, June, 2009, 08:53:41 AM
This is just a very rough idea for the mo,

Based on when I've gone to pubs, parks, shopping. basically when I've parked the car where the public can see my car. I get quite a lot of interest...

maybe we could sometimes have an inpromptue meeting in a park if poss' set up a circle of cars in show style. Start it off as a family day for ourselfs, have a BBQ. Even a game of some kind. If we get it right and enough cars turn up to these, It could lead to a much larger meeting on a more national level, ie 'Kits in the park' (a kit show in Bristol even) if we can find the right venue

Couple of places I've thought of could be...

Ashton Park... near the football ground
St Georges park, st George
Horfield Common, by the TA center
& The large park on Fishponds road near the M32

Views & comments plaese guys

Brian

8)

'The Gaffer'

Yeah, I like the idea Bri  :)

I know people are free to use these facilities, (including the Downs, thanks jammer) but I dont know how we would stand legally parking cars on the land?

Worst that could happen is we could be chucked off, but that would make the meet a farse.

How about a call to the council, just to get the facts on parking on public land.
My guess is, "yes thats fine guys but its a £10,000 events license please"  >:(

glosjammer

I vote we say - "What club?"

Quote from: G & Toniq on 26, June, 2009, 10:48:43 AM
Yeah, I like the idea Bri  :)

I know people are free to use these facilities, (including the Downs, thanks jammer) but I dont know how we would stand legally parking cars on the land?

Worst that could happen is we could be chucked off, but that would make the meet a farse.

How about a call to the council, just to get the facts on parking on public land.
My guess is, "yes thats fine guys but its a £10,000 events license please"  >:(

'The Gaffer'

glosjammer

We just all say we met off the cuff and we are not a club, therefore not an organised gathering and the worste they coudl do it move you on - then you just go to a park on in another area's district.

Quote from: G & Toniq on 26, June, 2009, 11:49:44 AM
Quote from: glosjammer on 26, June, 2009, 11:12:47 AM
I vote we say - "What club?quot;

Run that by me again mate?

'The Gaffer'

Ah I see,

We would soon be known by the cops in every district though. It would be like running the Gumball Rally  :)

WALNUT

Oakley Green Garden Center, Would be pleased to have us, even open side gate to let us park at frount of cafe so we can keep eye on cars. Just off Bristol ring rd

Richard

Got to be worth a visit at somepoint.

Martin Higgs

like the Oakly Green ideal as this is just off the Ring Road and easy to find might even do a good breakfast

:)

'The Gaffer'

Sounds good to me.

Over to you Bri...

foggy

At Clevedon, near a pub called The Salthouse,there is a large green that they hold events there, ie model boats,flower show etc. I know the guy that has a lot to do with the organising of events (there's also a model railway there) and it actually runs in the summer. Would you like me to have a word with the guy to see if he can fit us in on one of the events?

Bulldog Bri

On the 16th of May, I penciled in a run out similar to one we did last year, breakie at Hartley's then over to the Salthouse. If you can have a word for that dates as I think there may be more taking part this year.

8)

'Mendip Wurzel'

I could have a word with the Landlord of the Salthouse to see if we can all park on the slip road leading up to the pub, as we did last year.

Richard

If you want an earlier breakfast at Hartley's than his opening time of 09:30 on a Sunday, he is more than happy to open earlier for us (already checked that so we just have to let him know).

foggy

Hi Bri, spoke to the bloke I know who is on the events committee for Clevedon open day, on the green nr The Salthouse, I think the show is later on in the year, Aug/Sept time, he would only be too glad for us to show our cars there, if you would like to follow this up, his name is Mike Mayhew you can contact him on 01275 546772  thats his works number-its a one man business or you can get him on waverley.models@virgin.net this info is on his business cards and does not mind me putting this info here. He is hoping that you contact him. I do understand that you might rather show the cars off at purely a car show, which this is'nt.  Cheers.

Bulldog Bri

I do have a 2nd date prebooked on the calender for a second Hartleys/Clevedon run in September as the run was a good day out and thought it sould still be good weather around then (19th Sept). I will be bringing the events calender up to Stoneleigh as well.

Also looking to combine an afternoon on the Downs maybe instead of the normal pub/club meeting or a como of both  ;D
8)