AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Coming soon, Bristol Evening Post article on the our club, want to be in it?

Started by 'The Gaffer', 07, July, 2009, 11:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Bulldog Bri has been in contact with the Bristol evening post to see if they would do a piece for the club. Though unable to attend our Sunday club meet they have offered to come over either Friday, Monday or Tuesday and have a chat to get some info and go from there.

Bri is happy to meet up with this reporter though this would only be a chat with himself and he hoped that they would meet up with a few more of us and get a broader view of the club and see a few more of the cars... so if anyone else can spare some time on any of those mornings/lunchtime, monday or tuesday would probably be better (We should have a few more pics to pass on too) as that would be when this would take place please let Bri know.

Great oppotunity to get some good publicity for the club. 8)

Great work Bri  ;D

'The Gaffer'

Bulldog Bri

I've had a chat with the Evening Post and they would like to run a piece on the club. I'm arranging to meet up them on Horfield Common at 11am on Tuesday 14th. Phil is going to do his best to get there as well, work permitting, anyone else able to get along is welcome.

8)

Rosco

Bugger!!!,  I'm going to miss it as i will be on my hol's

Rosco...

David H

just got back form my hols but car is on axle stands and there's a little thing called work tomorrow! Next week and an evening and I'd be there!!!

Richard

Sorry can't make it and not really possible to bring a chassis over Flintstone style !

Mark G

Would love to come up but unfortunatly I have to go to work to pay for the car...

Booo...

'The Gaffer'

Just you and me then Bri. See you at the meet place at 11.

Its a bad time for most I know, and Richard, your Flinstone chassis would have been great for a sort of before and after shot lol.

Welcome back Dave, hope you had I nice time. Axle stands?  :(

'The Gaffer'

Well, we met up with the Evening Post reporter and photographer, both really nice guys with a genuine interest in the club. We did an interview and took pics, article should be out sometime this week or next.

Keep your eyes peeled...

Richard

Well done guys !!

Hopefully they'll let you know when for those of us on the edge of the papers circulation, then we can do a special drive to buy.

Bulldog Bri

Newsflash...

I've just recieved an email from David the reporter from the Evening Post and the artical for our club is in there to day (05/08/09).

8)

Richard

Richard

Duly tracked the paper down.

Near full page article and pic of Phil / Bri and cars. Well done guys for turning up and taking the time !

Guess that reporter isn't a techie car owner but still written enthusiastically.

Are we allowed to recreate the article on the forum with due references ?

'The Gaffer'

I have read the text here

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/Bristol-kit-car-kids-come-age/article-1224968-detail/article.html#StartComments

No pics though, been soooo busy today didnt get a chance to get a copy. I'm guessing I can buy a back issue direct.

If there is any more, post it up Rich, no Problem.

Bulldog Bri

I have just been told by a freind at work that we are in the 'The Observer' this week as well, so if you missed the posts artical you've got a second chance.  ;D

8)

Bulldog Bri

Just got home to check, can't see it  >:( might bejust one area of the free paper that has it  :-\
If I can track one down I'll scan it for the club  ;D

8)

'The Gaffer'