+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Second successful Bristol Kit Car Club meet

Started by 'The Gaffer', 12, July, 2009, 10:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Well, the second Bristol Kit Car Club meet was another resounding success, not quite as many turned out as last time, but it is a busy time of the year. It was great to see some new faces and cars too.

We had a surprise guest as well...

Actually, we know who the stig is now.

A few members talk kit cars

A few more members having a chat, what about? Kit cars I expect :)

A few more kit cars

Even more kit cars

A few members with the new club banner. (Thanks to those who made a banner donation, I'm sure Bulldog Bri would like a few more quid in the hat if you are feeling generous ;) )

Thanks for turning up everyone, Lets hope we can get a get turn out for the up and coming Cheddar Breakfast run.

Pics posted using Add image to post 640 x 480 (for message boards) drop down menu and Family safe button ticked.

YellaBelly

Well, looks like another good turnout. Wish I could have been there again, but I'm stuck in 95deg heat here in Jordan! Not as glorious as it sounds cos I'm spending most of my time working :(

I think I'm away for the next meet too  >:( and to make it worse, I'm not getting anything done on the kit so don't think it'll be ready much before Xmas!!

Banner looks good and I'll drop Bri a few quid when I manage to get to another meet (I'll return your pipe bender too mate :) )

Take it easy all, hope to see some of you soon.

JB

Bulldog Bri

Another really enjoyable evening, weather behaved and even with a few on Hol's a reasonable turn out with 4 new cars to see. Including glosjammer, with the second Tonic for the club, aka glosjammer (yes, he's come out at last. lol) Mark with the striking MK Indi and 2 Westfields, robp and friend (sorry forgot your name for now  :-[ )

The run home was interesting as well. We followed the other Bulldog boys back to Keysham, where we caught up with glosjammer, the Bulldog boys then turned off towards Hanham but we followed glosjammer down to the ring road, got caught at the lights for a bit, as we pulled away Phil had just got to the end of the Keysham bypass. glosjammerleft me for dust as we went on up the ring road and in the mirror we could see Phil catching up from behind (oh, for that 5th gear) we kept Phil in sight till the A420 roundabout where we turned off. Great fun guys, kids loved it.

8)

glosjammer

Hey guys. Good to meet everyone. Had a good drive home accept for the clutch and fueling but will have all that sorted for next time. Lots of hard work shown off last night. I feel guilty for not building my own now lol

glad u appreciated the costume lol.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: YellaBelly on 13, July, 2009, 07:06:18 AM
Well, looks like another good turnout. Wish I could have been there again, but I'm stuck in 95deg heat here in Jordan! Not as glorious as it sounds cos I'm spending most of my time working :(

I think I'm away for the next meet too  >:( and to make it worse, I'm not getting anything done on the kit so don't think it'll be ready much before Xmas!!

Banner looks good and I'll drop Bri a few quid when I manage to get to another meet (I'll return your pipe bender too mate :) )

Take it easy all, hope to see some of you soon.

JB

Hey, paying the bills comes first mate. Why dont you be lazy and buy a pre built car  ;)

Bulldog Bri

BTW. all the new photo's in my album were taken by my daughter Beth. Think she's getting preety good with that camera now!  Hope you all like the pic's

8)

YellaBelly

Quote from: G & Toniq on 13, July, 2009, 11:03:17 AM
[Hey, paying the bills comes first mate. Why dont you be lazy and buy a pre built car  ;)

Aw come on Phil, where's the fun in that? (apart from the driving of course  8))

JB

Bulldog Bri

Ah, the pre built one is to drive WHILE your building!

8)

Richard

Good to see you all there in your cars, a couple of the pics with engines showing through "holes" in bonnets in one of my galleries.

Our chassis has a couple of "holes" of its own now  ;)

Great to see a couple of other cars, got to say sorry as we ran out of battery power for the camera to add more into the gallery, as usual higher resolution picture versions available of those we post if you want them.

Great to see a mixture of cars each time.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: YellaBelly on 13, July, 2009, 01:28:13 PM
Quote from: G & Toniq on 13, July, 2009, 11:03:17 AM
[Hey, paying the bills comes first mate. Why dont you be lazy and buy a pre built car  ;)

Aw come on Phil, where's the fun in that? (apart from the driving of course  8))

JB

I know, I know lol. How about buy and build, a happy compromise  ;)  :)

Quote from: Richard on 13, July, 2009, 08:56:26 PM
Good to see you all there in your cars, a couple of the pics with engines showing through "holes" in bonnets in one of my galleries.

as usual higher resolution picture versions available of those we post if you want them.

Great Pics there Richard, Could you email me a hi res one of mine with the hole?

Richard

Phil, The 4.9MB pic will be on its way shortly, hole size editing available upon request  ;)

chanz

Richard

Chanz, pm me your email address then we can keep those MB away from Phil's bandwidth.

Bulldog Bri

Could you send one over to me as well Richard, Email on members board..

Cheers

8)

Richard

Richard

Quote from: bulldog bri on 14, July, 2009, 10:57:19 PM
Could you send one over to me as well Richard, Email on members board..

Cheers

8)

In the ether  ;)