News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Group buy CKC Mag Track Day.

Started by 'The Gaffer', 20, July, 2009, 03:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

I have been in contact with Ian Stent from Complete Kit Car Magazine and he has offered us a group buy discount for their organised track day on September 5th 09 being held at the Llandow track.

If we can get 5 cars together the cost will be £75 each instead of £95.

It's loads of track time and CKC will through in a free buffet lunch too.

Put your names down if interested.

Richard

No car yet, well not a whole one but otherwise would be fun to get to know it.

Will check to see if a local student team want to bring along a pretty light vehicle at under 250kg, so must count as a kit but not road legal and more than nippy !!!!

Assuming of course they don't blow another engine  ;)

'The Gaffer'

Intersting, under 250kg :o what is it ?

David H

Richard

Quote from: G & Toniq on 21, July, 2009, 06:37:42 PM

Questions are out about ability to join. Partly due to its weight it is a very quick vehicle certainly substantially sub 3 sec 0-60 but top is about 100 or so, cornering is kart like. It is one of the Formula Student Cars, they have a lot of build restrictions so can't really go power mad as it is intended to challenge other aspects of design. Let's see whether enough of them are around to bring it up.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Richard on 21, July, 2009, 09:39:35 PM
Quote from: G & Toniq on 21, July, 2009, 06:37:42 PM

Questions are out about ability to join. Partly due to its weight it is a very quick vehicle certainly substantially sub 3 sec 0-60 but top is about 100 or so, cornering is kart like. It is one of the Formula Student Cars, they have a lot of build restrictions so can't really go power mad as it is intended to challenge other aspects of design. Let's see whether enough of them are around to bring it up.

I guess I would have to get the go ahead from the organisors if it is somewhat unusual. Let me have the full spec and I will put the question.

'The Gaffer'

Cob68

Hi, I am up for the track day, so count me in. Cheers, Tony

'The Gaffer'

Ok Tony cheers.

It might be that I try and organise a joint club trackday as well in the future.

Will guage interest in that soon.