News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Next meet

Started by Richard, 31, July, 2009, 09:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Folks, if weather is decent how about a little run to another location, not far so to keep it ok for those of further travel.

e.g.
Keynsham pub by weir
Stanton Drew pub (get the theme  ;) )
Pub next to Bath race course (easy cut up edge of Bath so need to go into town)
Chew lakes (layby on far side, as it were, then lake behind with sun in front).

Just a couple of thoughts for a rolling meet with two locations so if someone is a bit late they can get to target destination as well.

YellaBelly

Great idea Richard, nearer works for me lol!

I just hope I can make the next damn meeting and won't be away. (And maybe I can return Brian's pipe bender :))

JB

Dixie

Quote from: Richard on 31, July, 2009, 09:16:44 AM
Folks, if weather is decent how about a little run to another location, not far so to keep it ok for those of further travel.

e.g.
Keynsham pub by weir
Stanton Drew pub (get the theme  ;) )
Pub next to Bath race course (easy cut up edge of Bath so need to go into town)
Chew lakes (layby on far side, as it were, then lake behind with sun in front).

Any ok with me, but Keynsham gets my vote.

Just a couple of thoughts for a rolling meet with two locations so if someone is a bit late they can get to target destination as well.

'The Gaffer'

If we are talking about our regular meet, I was going to suggest that. We all want to drive our cars after all :)

I will have a word with Bri and see if we can come up with a two stop meet.

Richard

It would be good to try and establish a few of these on radius around Bristol that way we should be able to allow more non-city dwellers to come and meet up and share the journey distance between us.

Bulldog Bri

Yeah, I to like the idea. The pub by the weir in Keynsham sounds good as well. also a couple of nice pubs in Saltford.

8)

foggy

Can't make the meet tonight, Hoods up on axel stands, got the rear springs out,just doing a few odd jobs -MOT due soon. Really enjoyed the run out yesterday, it was great to see all our cars in convoy. I got soaked on the way home as well! Can't wait for the next run out - that if the cars running.  Seeing that Valcon bomber fly over yesterday-that was a first for me.

Grin-a-lot

Ooh that sounds like fun; i can't make tonight sadly but would be keen do something in the next few weeks while i'm enjoying my summer holidays!

evolution

Lock keeper tonight or somewhere different as I will leave soon?