Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

9th Aug. Supercar day Wilton House. Another joint club run out. Names here pls

Started by Bulldog Bri, 02, August, 2009, 07:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Bulldog Bri

Hey, anyone fancy another joint run out. I've had a message from the ACKCC about another day they are off to... http://www.wiltonhouse.com/Supercar%20poster.pdf

See some great supercars at Wilton house Salisbury 12noon - 4.30pm Sunday 9th August

If anyone is interested let me know, I'm aware it's short notice but thats how it goes sometimes ;D

I'm away up north till sunday, so I'm out but I can still let them know anyone who whats to join up with them...

8)

'The Gaffer'

Sounds good to me, all being well I will be there.

This is now a BKCC calendar event and is in addition to our normal club meet this month at the Wheatsheaf Inn.

Maybe you can do one or the other, or both :)

2nd Apple County Kit Car Club & Bristol Kit Car Club joint run out

See some great supercars at Wilton house Salisbury. Sunday 9th Aug. 12noon - 4.30pm

I am happy to follow the Apple county club route.

This means meeting in the Sainsbury's car park at 10.30 am then tagging on with them to the event.

The Sainsbury's in question is on:
Wessex Fields
Marston road
Frome
BA11 4DH

It says 1 hour 2 mins from Kellaway Ave, Horfield, North Bristol, so I will be leaving at about 9.15am so if anyone wants to meet there thats great (PM me for location) If you want to meet en-route you can see the plan on the left of the map so join where you like.

If all else fails or we get lost we just meet at the Sainsbury's car park at 10.30.

Heres to some good weather.

Shame you cant make it Bri :(

Put your names down if interested.

Dixie

Quote from: bulldog bri on 02, August, 2009, 07:01:39 PM
Hey, anyone fancy another joint run out. I've had a message from the ACKCC about another day they are off to... http://www.wiltonhouse.com/Supercar%20poster.pdf

See some great supercars at Wilton house Salisbury 12noon - 4.30pm Sunday 9th August

If anyone is interested let me know, I'm aware it's short notice but thats how it goes sometimes ;D

I'm away up north till sunday, so I'm out but I can still let them know anyone who whats to join up with them...

8)

I will definately be there.  Mark

Bulldog Bri

I will be back in time from up north and still intend to meet up at the Weatsheaf if anyone is still up for an evening meet  :( and even go for a drive to a different pub from there...

If your not able to do the Supercar day there's still something in the eve' to do...

So let us know if you can.

8)

'The Gaffer'

Please use quote reply and put your names down below if you intend to attend either the...

Supercar day joint meet
G & Toniq - Toniq R
Dixie - Cobra

Or
Wheatsheaf evening regular meet.
Bulldog Bri - Pilgrim Bulldog

dave_bence

Quote from: G & Toniq on 03, August, 2009, 10:24:13 PM
Please use quote reply and put your names down below if you intend to attend either the...

Supercar day joint meet
G & Toniq - Toniq R
Dixie - Cobra
Dave Bence - Onyx Firefox

Or

Richard

A struggle for this one. Perhaps some of the family will go to Wilton but can't say which ones yet. Hope this warm rain goes for the day though !

Bulldog Bri

Just looked over on to ACKCC's site and the route they have planned for the run over to Wilton house is as follows.

Map deleted now.

This should give you a map of their route and they have suggested a meeting point at about 10:30 in Forme where personal relief can be found as well. See map! ;)

8)

Richard

A wise route that one from Frome to A303, some good roads there, be a little extra attentive on the Warminster bypass and the 30 limits in the next villages don't get carried away !

Just after (800 yards ish) the Cley hill (longleat roundabout) there is a large layby on left, there is another 2 on the left hand side after the next roundabout as well, plenty of space to meet.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Richard on 04, August, 2009, 06:30:30 PM
A wise route that one from Frome to A303, some good roads there, be a little extra attentive on the Warminster bypass and the 30 limits in the next villages don't get carried away !

Just after (800 yards ish) the Cley hill (longleat roundabout) there is a large layby on left, there is another 2 on the left hand side after the next roundabout as well, plenty of space to meet.

Could you find that layby on the google map Rich?

Richard

I know the road pretty well  ;)

First layby is between A362 and A350 on the A36. Although Bri pm'd me saying they weren't meeting there, if you are planning on picking them up on that A36, I'd suggest the 2nd layby on that route which is after A350 turning / roundabout, it is separated from the road by a pavement and the road has a 2 lane bit there so is easier to pull out onto and you can easily hear /see them coming round the long sweeping bend  ;)
Zoom in on A36 and the laybys are indicated on the map

Bulldog Bri

The meeting place the ACKCC boys have in mind is in Frome (the white dot) this means that you would come off the A36 earlier and drop down to Frome then back up to the 36 by Warminster.

Where RIch is talking about and also where I thought would be a good place is the layby just after where the A362 meets the A36 (point C)

Hope this helps  ;D

8)

'The Gaffer'

It looks like they are suggesting a sainsburys car park, I can see 2 sainsbury's in Frome.

Richard

Most likely Sainsbury's (and I can only think of one) is just off Shepton to Frome road where there is a Halfords / Homebase opposite, actually on the road down to Toniq HQ rather ironically.  ;)
My guess would be there as it is close to their route, and that has a petrol garage that is usually quite competitive in price.

That is the far side of Frome from A36. Not sure if you know the roads but the Radstock to Frome road is twisty. Unless you come into from from Shepton direction then that is a bit of a diversion, then from Horfield down isn't best route either (as you know).

Richard

Just noticed the creative route to Wilton, that crossing of A303 is a tough one and if you aren't careful you'll miss the turning in Shrewton, assume someone knows it very well !

EDIT: just noticed I was looking at wrong junction, it is the bigger road that crosses at the roundabout, can't miss that, I was impressed with the local knowledge though if someone knew that Shrewton turning down !   silly me :-[

reluctant

Hi all just back from Italy, 2300 miles, bulldog ran with no problems, count me in. Are we meeting in Bristol or Frome ? Martin.

'The Gaffer'

Welcome home Martin.

Pleased your run went well. Look forward to seeing you at the meet.

I would like to think we will meet in or just outside of Bristol, then on to Frome for second meet with ACKCC.

'The Gaffer'

I am happy to follow the Apple county club route.

This means meeting in the Sainsbury's car park at 10.30 am then tagging on with them to the event.

The Sainsbury's in question is on:
Wessex Fields
Marston road
Frome
BA11 4DH

It says 1 hour 2 mins from Kellaway Ave, Horfield, North Bristol, so I will be leaving there at about 9.15am so if anyone wants to meet there thats great (PM me for location) If you want to meet en-route you can see the plan on the left of the map so join where you like.

If all else fails or we get lost we just meet at the Sainsbury's car park at 10.30.

Heres to some good weather.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: dave_bence on 04, August, 2009, 05:13:10 PM

Supercar day joint meet
G & Toniq - Toniq R
Dixie - Cobra
Reluctant - Bulldog

Or

reluctant

|Meet you in Kelloway Ave, let me know where. 9 ish. Will be at pub meet. Marsh coming to both as well, in his Bulldog.  Martin.

Dixie

Quote from: G & Toniq on 04, August, 2009, 10:27:09 PM

Supercar day joint meet
G & Toniq - Toniq R
Dixie - Cobra

I will meet at the Longlete round about.  Even wifey is coming.  NOW you must tell her that I NEVER have a fried breakfast, ALWAYS a healthy breakfast!!!!!!! ;)  Do you know what time at Longlete??

Reluctant - Bulldog

Or

Richard

Mark, check your meet location, don't want you waiting at wrong roundabout (no layby at longleat entrance but one in between it and the one where the road meets the A36 (Cley hill roundabout). Good you are both coming, those toms are very healthy  ;)

btw - a great view from on top of Cley Hill if you ever go for walk up it, but don't park smart cars in the car park at the bottom.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Dixie on 05, August, 2009, 09:18:34 PM
I will meet at the Longlete round about.  Even wifey is coming.  NOW you must tell her that I NEVER have a fried breakfast, ALWAYS a healthy breakfast!!!!!!! ;)  Do you know what time at Longlete??

Quote from: Dixie on 05, August, 2009, 09:18:34 PM

Last time we had breakfast, I believe you just had toast (1 Slice) and coffee Mark.

Cant be too sure about times, best bet is head for the Frome Sainsbury's car park for 10.30am unless you want take a look at the route above and guesstimate a meet time. The BKCC route only extends to the Sainsbury's car park where we will be meeting up with the ACKCC.

The Sainsbury's is on:
Wessex Fields
Marston road
Frome
BA11 4DH

See you and wifey soon.

'The Gaffer'

Supercar day joint meet
G & Toniq - Toniq R
Dixie - Cobra
Reluctant - Bulldog
Marsh - Bulldog

Or
G & Toniq - Toniq R
Reluctant - Bulldog
Marsh - Bulldog

Cob68

Hi Guys have a good day unfortuantely I am away. Cheers Tony

'The Gaffer'

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: G & Toniq on 06, August, 2009, 12:26:10 AM

Supercar day joint meet
G & Toniq - Toniq R
Dixie - Cobra
Reluctant - Bulldog
Marsh - Bulldog
David H - Westfield

Or
G & Toniq - Toniq R
Reluctant - Bulldog
Marsh - Bulldog

Anybody else?

Dixie

Quote from: G & Toniq on 08, August, 2009, 01:45:25 PM

Sorry guys, change of plan.  I wont be coming to Wilton :(  I have been told I am going to the ballon festival.  Meet up again soon.

Supercar day joint meet
G & Toniq - Toniq R
Dixie - Cobra
Reluctant - Bulldog
Marsh - Bulldog
David H - Westfield

Or
G & Toniq - Toniq R
Reluctant - Bulldog
Marsh - Bulldog

Anybody else?

'The Gaffer'

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Dixie on 08, August, 2009, 03:04:13 PM
Quote from: G & Toniq on 08, August, 2009, 01:45:25 PM

Supercar day joint meet
G & Toniq - Toniq R
Reluctant - Bulldog
Marsh - Bulldog
David H - Westfield

Or
G & Toniq - Toniq R
Reluctant - Bulldog
Marsh - Bulldog

Anybody else?

MikeR

Hi,
   Hopefully will meet you at Sainsburys - my first meet with you guys.

Mike R - Marlin 5Exi

dave_bence

KrazyKen will also be coming in his 5EXi.

He and I will have to go directly to Wilton.

See you all there!

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: MikeR on 08, August, 2009, 08:01:38 PM
Hi,
   Hopefully will meet you at Sainsburys - my first meet with you guys.

Mike R - Marlin 5Exi

Welcome Mike.

Look forward to meeting you  :)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: dave_bence on 08, August, 2009, 09:49:51 PM
KrazyKen will also be coming in his 5EXi.

He and I will have to go directly to Wilton.

See you all there!

See you there guys  :)

'The Gaffer'

Supercar day joint meet
G & Toniq - Toniq R
Dixie - Cobra
Reluctant - Bulldog
Marsh - Bulldog
Mike R - Marlin 5Exi
KrazyKen - 5EXi.

Or
G & Toniq - Toniq R
Reluctant - Bulldog
Marsh - Bulldog

Rosco

Quote from: G & Toniq on 09, August, 2009, 12:08:24 AM

Supercar day joint meet
G & Toniq - Toniq R
Dixie - Cobra
Reluctant - Bulldog
Marsh - Bulldog
Mike R - Marlin 5Exi
KrazyKen - 5EXi.

Or
G & Toniq - Toniq R
Reluctant - Bulldog
Marsh - Bulldog
Locost - Rosco

dave_bence

What a great afternoon!

Lots of amazing cars, good weather and a huge crowd.

Must have been a great fundraiser for the charity.

Photos here:

http://www.davebence.co.uk/photo_galleries/wilton_2009/

Dixie

Quote from: dave_bence on 09, August, 2009, 06:11:09 PM
What a great afternoon!

Lots of amazing cars, good weather and a huge crowd.

Must have been a great fundraiser for the charity.

Photos here:

http://www.davebence.co.uk/photo_galleries/wilton_2009/

looks like I missed a good day. great photos

Matt

Hi All, Just to say thanks for joining us today, I hope you had a great run out and enjoyed seeing the supercars!?

Hope you all got home safe and sound, glorious weather...

Matt

Bulldog Bri

Great set of photo's Dave, thans for putting them up as I was unable to go to the show. I will definatley be going next year if it's on  ;D

8)